What Strength (Dosage) are you looking for?
DISCLAIMER: The following information is a summary for consumers looking to buy Zarontin. This does not contain all possible information regarding Zarontin and does not assure this medication is appropriate for you and your medical condition. This summary is not meant to replace professional medical advice. Always talk with your doctor if you have any concerns about medications you’re taking or medical conditions.
Zarontin (ethosuximide) is a medication used either alone or in combination with other medications in order to prevent as well as control absence or petit mal seizures. It works to control the abnormal electrical activity in the brain which occurs during a seizure.
If you want to save when you purchase Zarontin, look no further than Your Canada Drug Store. Our goal is to help our customers save on their essential medications while providing safe and effective medications. We offer the lowest available price on Zarontin as well as any other medications you need. At YCDS Customer care we send out safe and effective medications to help people afford their medications without having to ration or go without. This means you’ll always be getting the lowest price.
Here are some reasons for you to purchase from us:
- We are certified by both Pharmacy Checker and CIPA.
- We have a 5-star commitment to customer satisfaction. This means you have the choice of the best and widest selection of brand name and generic medications.
- Our friendly and knowledgeable Customer Care Team is available for extended business hours to help with any of your prescription needs.
- We offer our patients peace of mind by only selling safe, effective medication from our world-wide pharmacy partners.
Our commitment to our customers extends after your order is placed. If something goes wrong after you order Zarontin, we will make it right. We have a return policy as well as a price match policy so that you’re always getting the highest quality care from us.
Always read the medication guide that comes with your Zarontin each time you get a refill. Follow the dosing instructions on your prescription label and ask your doctor if you have any questions.
Take Zarontin orally, with or without food as instructed by your doctor. If you use the liquid form of Zarontin measure the dose using a special measuring device that can be provided at request by your pharmacist. Do not use a household spoon to measure your doses as they will not be accurate.
Your dosage will be based on your medical condition, age, response to treatment, and blood levels of ethosuximide. In children the dose will also be based on weight. It is important to exactly follow your doctor’s dosing instructions. Your doctor will start you on a lower dose and increase it slowly. It can take several weeks or months to reach the right dose for you and to feel the full effects of this medication.
Use Zarontin on a regular basis in order to properly benefit from it. To help you remember, take it a the same time every day. Don’t stop Zarontin without talking with your doctor. Some conditions may worsen if you abruptly stop the medication. If your condition doesn’t improve or gets worse, go to your doctor.
Interactions between different medications can increase your risk of side effects or change how one or more of your medications function. Zarontin interacts with the following medications:
This is not a complete list of medications that interact with Zarontin. This is why you should always provide your doctor with a list of medications you’re taking including prescription and non-prescription drugs as well as any vitamins you take. This will help them avoid interactions between your medication. If you have any further questions about drug interactions you can reach out to us for counselling from a pharmacist at 1-844-416-4282.
With the regular effects of Zarontin, you may also experience some unintended side effects. You will not experience all of these side effects, but some require medical attention if they occur.
Check in with your doctor right away if any of the following side effects occur while you’re taking Zarontin:
- Changes in behavior
- Feeling sad or empty
- Lack of appetite
- Loss of interest or pleasure
- Mood or mental changes
- Thoughts of killing oneself
- Trouble with concentrating
- Trouble with sleeping
Incidence not known
- Attack, assault, or force
- Blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin
- Blood in the urine
- Bloody, black, or tarry stools
- Chest pain
- Cough or hoarseness
- Enlarged gums
- False or unusual sense of well-being
- Fever and chills
- Fever with or without chills
- General feeling of discomfort or illness
- General feeling of tiredness or weakness
- Hair loss
- High fever
- Hives, itching, and skin rash
- Joint or muscle pain
- Lower back or side pain
- Not able to concentrate
- Painful or difficult urination
- Pale skin
- Red skin lesions, often with a purple center
- Red, irritated eyes
- Shakiness and unsteady walk
- Sore throat
- Sores, ulcers, or white spots on the lips or in the mouth
- Swelling around the eyes
- Swelling of the tongue
- Swollen, painful, or tender lymph glands in the neck, armpit, or groin
- Trouble sitting still
- Trouble with breathing
- Unexplained bleeding or bruising
- Unsteadiness, trembling, or other problems with muscle control or coordination
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Vaginal bleeding
- Vision changes
- Yellow eyes or skin
The following side effects are symptoms of overdose and require emergency medical attention.
Symptoms of overdose
- Change in consciousness
- Irregular, fast or slow, or shallow breathing
- Loss of consciousness
- Pale or blue lips, fingernails, or skin
There are some side effects of Zarontin that are not as serious and don’t require medical attention. These mild side effects will usually subside as your body adjusts to Zarontin. Check with your doctor if you have questions about the following side effects:
- Increased in sexual ability, performance, drive, or desire
- Increased interest in sexual intercourse
Incidence not known
- Increased hair growth, especially on the face
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea or vomiting
- Pain or discomfort in the chest, upper stomach, or throat
- Redness of the skin
- Unusual drowsiness, weakness, feeling of sluggishness, tiredness, or dullness
- Weight loss
This is not an exhaustive list of Zarontin side effects. If you notice any side effects that are not listed here once you start taking Zarontin reach out to your doctor immediately.
ETHOXUXIMIDE – ORAL