What is Invokana used for?
Invokana is used to lower high blood glucose (sugar) levels in persons with diabetes type 2. It is used in addition to proper diet and exercise to optimize control of blood glucose levels. Invokana can be used in addition to other medications to help lower your blood sugar levels. Invokana is used to reduce the risk of death from heart attack and stroke in persons with Diabetes type 2 and cardiovascular disease (heart disease). Invokana is used to reduce the risk of end-stage kidney disease and dialysis in persons with diabetes type 2 and kidney disease. Invokana works by increasing the removal of glucose by the kidneys.
Invokana is a prescription drug used in the treatment of Diabetes type 2. Invokana is a brand name medication which contains the active ingredient Canagliflozin.
Invokana is available in the strengths 100mg and 300mg.
Invokana is currently not available as a generic.
Invokana is a tablet taken by mouth once daily. It is best taken in the morning before the first meal of the day. Your doctor will determine the best dosage for you.
Invokana Has known side effects. This is not a complete list and includes frequently reported adverse events. If you experience any signs and symptoms of serious side effects when taking Invokana, talk to your doctor or emergency care.
Report side effects with Invokana to your doctor. If you find them unmanageable call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
- Dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position
- cool, pale skin
- large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or genitals
- severe sunburn
- lack or loss of strength
- pain during sexual intercourse
- pain in the skin around the penis
- increased thirst
- frequent or painful urination
- thick, white vaginal discharge with mild or no odor
- problems in urination or increase in amount of urine
- redness or other discoloration of the skin
- flushing, redness of the skin
- pain, tenderness, redness, or swelling of the area between the anus and genitals
- decreased frequency or amount of urine
- Bladder pain
- weight gain
- Increased sensitivity of the skin to sunlight
- difficult, burning, or painful urination
- numbness or tingling in the hands, feet, or lips
- itching of the vagina or outside of the genitals
- cold sweats
- itching skin
- flushed, dry skin
- loss of consciousness
- yellow eyes or skin
- discharge with a strong odor from the penis
- increased urge to urinate during the night
- pain or swelling in the arms or legs without an injury
- waking to urinate at night
- increased urination
- weakness or heaviness of the legs
- bloody or cloudy urine
- fruit-like breath odor
- trouble breathing
- loss of appetite
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- fast or irregular heartbeat
- hives or welts, itching skin, rash
- slurred speech
- increased hunger
- dry mouth
- blurred vision
- redness of the skin
- unexplained weight loss
- Difficulty having a bowel movement
- lower back or side pain
- stomach pain
- frequent urge to urinate
- redness, itching, or swelling of the penis
- swelling of the face, fingers, or lower legs
- unusually warm skin
- Orthostatic Hypotension, A Form Of Low Blood Pressure
The most common side effects of Invokana are vaginal yeast infections, yeast infections of the penis and changes in urination such as urgent need to urinate, increased amounts of urination and urination at night. This is because of the way Invokana works in the kidneys.
The following drugs are known to interact with Invokana. This is not an exhaustive list of all possible drug interactions. It is important to disclose all your current medications, (including prescription medications and herbal products) with your doctor to prevent allergic reactions or adverse interactions. They may have to determine if the interaction is worth the benefit of using both drugs or if your therapeutic plan needs to be changed.
- Thioctic Acid
Invokana can cause weight loss on average of 2% to 3%. This can vary depending on your dosage and whether it is used alone or with other diabetes medications.
Invokana 100mg cost in Canada
30 tabs - $135.89 ($4.53/tab)
60 tabs - $245 ($4.08/tab)
90 tabs - $333.90 ($3.71/tab)
Invokana 300mg cost in Canada
30 tabs - $151.99 ($5.07/tab)
60 tabs - $277 ($4.62/tab)
90 tabs - $381.99 ($4.24/tab)
You can also pay in four interest-free payment using "Sezzle" on checkout page.
Though our prices for Invokana is competitive, you can also use coupon code INVYCD2005 to get $5 off when you buy Invokana online.
DISCLAIMER : The information provided here is for informational purposes only and is not intended to replace the medical advice provided by a certified medical professional. Any prescription drug use needs to be approved by your doctor. Do not avoid or ignore any advice provided by your physician in favor of what is written here. Always consult with a pharmacist or doctor before taking this medication and seek counselling if you have any questions or concerns about your medication.