What Strength (Dosage) are you looking for?
HOW TO USE THIS INFORMATION: The following is a summary of information for those looking to buy Xalatan eye drops and is not complete medical information about this medication. You should always reach out to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns about your health or medical treatments. This information does not guarantee that Xalatan is the right medication for your condition.
Xalatan (active ingredient: Latanoprost) is used in the treatment of high pressure inside the eye caused by glaucoma (open angle) or other diseases such as ocular hypertension.
Latanoprost is similar to a natural chemical produced by the body called prostaglandin. It works to regulate the flow of fluid in the eye to help lower pressure. Lowering high pressure inside the eye helps to prevent blindness.
Xalatan should be applied in the affected eye(s) usually once per day in the evening, or as otherwise instructed by your doctor. Do not use Xalatan more or less often than prescribed and do not use more drops than prescribed. This will not make the medication more effective. To apply the eye drops first wash your hands. Do not touch the dropper tip or allow it to come into contact with your eyeball. If you wear contact lenses, take them out before using Xalatan and wait approximately 15 minutes before replacing the lenses.
Tilt your head back and look upwards while pulling down your lower eyelid to make a pouch. Hold the dropper directly above the eye and dispense one drop into the pouch. Move your eyes to look downward, close your eyes gently, and apply gentle pressure for 1-2 minutes before opening your eyes again. This will ensure the medication doesn’t drain out. Do not blink too much or rub your eye. If your dose is for multiple drops repeat these steps and if you’ve been directed to use Xalatan in both eyes, repeat the steps for your second eye.
If you’re looking to buy Xalatan eye drops on line, look no further. Your Canada Drug Store is the most trusted online pharmacy referral company to help you save when you buy Xalatan eye drops. Our goal is to provide our customers with safe, effective medication at the lowest possible cost. When you buy Xalatan online from Your Canada Drug Store you know you will always get the best price. We have a lowest price guarantee on all the medications we carry so when you buy Xalatan online you can also save on your other medications.
Some other reasons to choose us are:
- We have certification from Pharmacy Checker and CIPA to ensure our pharmacy partners are following the rigorous health industry standards.
- We have a 5-star customer satisfaction commitment.
- Our friendly and helpful customer care team is available for extended business hours so you can order when it’s convenient.
- We offer our patients peace of mind by sourcing from licensed pharmacy partners world-wide to ensure you’re getting the best medication.
Even after your order is placed we are dedicated to providing excellent service. If there are any issues after you buy Xalatan online just reach out to us and we will make it right.
In addition to the expected effects of Xalatan eye drops they can cause undesirable negative side effects. You will not experience all of these side effects, though you should still know about them so that you can recognize if your side effects require medical attention.
If you notice any of the following side effects while taking Xalatan eye drops check in with your doctor immediately.
- Eye pain or stinging
- Decreased vision
- Painful irritation of the clear front part of the eye
- Swelling or redness of the eye and the lining of the eyelid
Incidence not known
- Arm, back, or jaw pain
- Blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin
- Blurred vision or other change in vision
- Burning, dry, or itching eyes
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Chest tightness or heaviness
- Difficulty breathing
- Discharge, excessive tearing
- Fast, irregular, pounding, or racing heartbeat or pulse
- Joint or muscle pain
- Noisy breathing
- Red skin lesions, often with a purple center
- Sensitivity of the eye to light
- Sore throat
- Sores, ulcers, or white spots in the mouth or on the lips
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
There are some Xalatan side effects that are less severe and don’t usually require medical attention. These side effects will generally subside as your body adjusts to your new medication. Check in with your doctor if the following side effects become bothersome:
- Drainage from the eyes
- Longer and thicker eyelashes
- Eyelash discoloration
- Feeling of having something in the eye
Incidence not known
- Darkening of the eyelid skin color
This is not an exhaustive list of side effects that may occur during treatment with Xalatan. If any side effects present themselves that are not listed here ensure you discuss them with your doctor immediately.
LATANOPROST – OPHTHALMIC SOLUTION