What Strength (Dosage) are you looking for?
Spiriva 18 mcg Topotropium Inhalation Capsule
DISCLAIMER: The following information is presented exclusively for educational purposes. This is aimed at consumers who are looking into Spiriva tiotropium 18 mcg inhalation capsules and is not intended to replace professional medical advice. Always talk to your doctor if you have any questions about your treatment, medications, or medical condition. This write up does not guarantee that Spiriva inhaler is the right medication for you.
Spiriva 18 mcg is a medication used to ease breathing in patients with conditions like bronchitis where there’s a restriction on the ability for patients to breathe. Spiriva 18-mcg inhalation capsules are to be used in the Handihaler, a device that helps administer the medication.
Spiriva capsules contains the active ingredient tiotropium bromide. It is a long-acting medication that works throughout the day with a slow releasing formula. Spiriva 18 mcg is prescribed for conditions such as: bronchitis, COPD, and emphysema. In these conditions, the airways get narrow and obstruct the breathing. This is due to the blocked mucus which gets too tight. Spiriva inhaler is used in these cases. Spiriva inhalation capsules helps to alleviate symptoms of COPD or other chronic respiratory disorders such as shortness of breath, wheezing, and coughing. Sprivia 18 helps to stabilize people with chronic problems, diminishing the chances of worsening symptoms or a sudden attack.
Get the lowest available price on Spiriva inhalation capsules when you order from Your Canada Drug Store! We offer the lowest prices on Spiriva inhalation capsules and the handihaler device. We pride ourselves on our world-class customer service and low prices! To guarantee you get the lowest price on Spiriva inhalation capsules we also offer free shipping on all orders!
Further, if you find a lower price for Spiriva tiotoprium inhalation capsules 18 mcg we will match it! The other company must be certified by CIPA or Pharmacy Checker as well and the product you want us to price match must be identical. If it meets these criteria, we will take their shipping cost into account and match the price!
Here are a few reasons to choose Your Canada Drug Store:
- We are CIPA and Pharmacy Checker verified.
- Our 5 star commitment ensures that you have your choice of the best brand and generic drugs.
- Our friendly experienced Patient Care Team is readily available to assist you with any of your prescription needs.
- We provide our customers peace of mind; you can trust you will receive risk-free, safe medication from our licensed pharmacy partners located in Canada, the UK as well as New Zealand.
If you have any questions about Spiriva 18 mcg inhalation capsules you can reach out to our customer service team at 1-844-416-4282!
Use Spiriva inhaler exactly as your doctor instructs you. Do not use more or less of it or use it for longer than your doctor recommends. Do not stop using this medication without talking with your doctor first. If you do this you may increase your chances of breathing problems or increase negative side effects.
This medication usually comes with detailed instructions. Read them carefully before you use the Spiriva handihaler for the first time.
Spiriva 18 mcg inhalation capsules should be used only with the Handihaler device, never swallow the capsules. They should only ever be inhaled through your mouth. Do not put any other medications in the Spiriva handihaler device.
Do not allow the capsule powder to get in your eyes. If this happens call your doctor right away. If the powder does get in your eyes it can cause pupil dilation, and blurred vision.
To use the Spiriva Handihaler:
- Open the Handihaler device and blister containing the capsule.
- Put a capsule into the device.
- Press and release the green button on the side of the Handihaler, do not press this button more than once.
- Holding the device away from your mouth, breathe out fully. Then put the mouthpiece between your lips and close them around the mouthpiece.
- Breathe in deeply and slowly through your mouth as you can hear or feel the Spiriva 18 mcg inhalation capsule vibrate. Do not breathe through your nose.
- Hold your breath and take the mouthpiece away from your mouth, then breathe normally again.
- After you’re done, open the mouthpiece and take out the used Spiriva 18 mcg inhalation capsule and throw it away. Don’t store any capsules within the Spiriva Handihaler device.
- Rinse the handihaler with warm water and keep it dry.
Drug interactions can affect how your medications work and leave you at an increased risk of side effects. Sometimes drug interactions can be mitigated by changing the doses or timings of one or both medications. Other times it is not possible to safely take two drugs together that interact. Talk with your doctor before starting any new medications so you can avoid drug interactions.
The following medications may interact with Spiriva inhalation capsules:
- Clidinium (Quarzan)
- Hyoscyamine (Anaspaz)
- Methscopolamine (Pamine)
- Hyoscyamine (Levsin)
- Dicyclomine (Bentyl)
- Cimetidine (Tagamet)
This is not a complete list of possible drug interactions. Tell your doctor or pharmacist about all of the medications you take including prescription, non-prescription, and herbal products. This will help your doctor mitigate any potential interactions and make sure you are taking your medications safely. If you have any questions about drug interactions you can ask to speak to a licensed pharmacist at 1-844-416-4282 and receive counselling on any medication!
Along with the expected, needed effects of a medication, you may also experience some unwanted side effects. Though not all of these side effects will occur, if they do, some may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur:
- Arm, back, or jaw pain
- chest pain or discomfort
- chest tightness or heaviness
- fast or irregular heartbeat
- shortness of breath
- difficulty with swallowing
- hives, itching, or skin rash
- painful blisters on the trunk of body
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- tightness in the chest
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse
- large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or sex organs
You may encounter some minor side effects that do not need medical attention. These will usually go away with time. If these side effects become bothersome you can talk with your doctor about how to reduce them.
The following are mild side effects caused by Spiriva capsules:
- Acid or sour stomach
- bladder pain
- bloody or cloudy urine
- body aches or pain
- chest pain
- difficult, burning, or painful urination
- dry mouth
- dryness of the throat
- ear congestion
- frequent urge to urinate
- loss of voice
- lower back or side pain
- pain or tenderness around the eyes and cheekbones
- runny or stuffy nose
- sore throat
- stomach discomfort, upset, or pain
- tender, swollen glands in the neck
- voice changes
- Bloody nose
- blurred vision
- bone pain
- burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, “pins and needles”, or tingling feelings
- canker sores
- difficulty having a bowel movement (stool)
- feeling sad or empty
- flushed, dry skin
- fruit-like breath odor
- increased hunger
- increased thirst
- increased urination
- lack of appetite
- leg pain
- loss of interest or pleasure
- muscle pain
- painful or difficult urination
- sore mouth or tongue
- sores, ulcers, or white spots on the lips or tongue or inside the mouth
- swelling or inflammation of the mouth
- trouble concentrating
- trouble sleeping
- unexplained weight loss
Incidence not known
- change in vision
- red skin
Since every body is different, you may experience side effects not listed here. If you do notice other effects, check with your heath care professional.
TIOTROPIUM BROMIDE – ORAL