If you have pulmonary artery hypertension may buy generic Revatio online because they have read that it is the medication prescribed for the condition. It is important to consult your physician to understand the risks and benefits of a particular drug prior to taking it.
It is rare for a doctor to encourage you to buy generic Revatio online because of the complications that may arise. If you do not know much about pulmonary artery hypertension (PAH) there are some things to consider before consulting your doctor.
What is PAH?
This is a condition that affects the right side of the heart and arteries in the lungs. Pulmonary Artery Hypertension is actually a kind of high blood pressure only that it affects just the arteries in the lungs and heart.
PAH causes the blood vessels in the heart and lungs to narrow and that restricts the smooth flow of blood. The restriction of blood flow increases the blood pressure in these organs.
Signs of Pulmonary Artery Hypertension
There are usually no early signs of this problem. You can have PAH for years and yet not know because the symptoms are minor. As a person gets older, however, the situation can get worse and they start to show the following symptoms:
- Dizziness which sometimes results in fainting
- Feeling tired even without so much exertion
- Running out of breath as you exercise or even when at rest in severe cases
- Swelling of the ankles and part of the foot
- As the disease progresses even the stomach may swell
- Chest pain
Causes of PAH
- The causes may vary, but it has been noted that people with a family history of PAH are more prone to developing the condition in their later years although sometimes even in their 30’s. So old age and genetics are the most common causes.
- Hypertension is usually associated with being overweight. People who are fat and don’t indulge in exercises are more prone to PAH.
- Some people develop the condition as a result of other ailments they may have like HIV and liver cirrhosis.
- Complications with the lungs can result in obstruction of blood flow which will cause hypertension. At times even a blood clot in the arteries may cause the complication.
- Congenital conditions developed from birth can be responsible for the development of PAH.
Complications Caused by PAH
People with PAH are likely to develop irregular heartbeats also known as arrhythmia. This condition can be managed with medication or an operation. A more dangerous complication is blood clots in the smaller vessels. These can be life-threatening since they block blood flow to the heart.
Pregnant women can develop complications with their pregnancy. This can be a danger to both mother and child. If a patient starts to cough out blood, it means the lungs are inflamed and that needs urgent attention or it can result in death.
A medical doctor would have to examine the patient to diagnose the seriousness of the problem and then prescribe the right treatment. The drug Revatio can be used to relax the muscles in the blood vessels so that blood can flow normally. The other complications would have to be treated separately as well.