What Strength (Dosage) are you looking for?
DISCLAIMER: The following write up is a summary of information on Veramyst and is aimed at consumers. It doesn’t not contain all possible information regarding Veramyst and does not guarantee that this medication will be safe and effective for your condition. This summary is not a replacement for medical advice from a healthcare professional. Always seek the advice of your doctor if you have any questions regarding your medications, medical condition, or treatment plan.
Veramyst is a nasal spray that contains the active ingredient fluticasone furoate. Fluticasone is classified as a corticosteroid. It helps prevent the release of substances within the body that cause inflammation.
Veramyst is prescribed for the treatment of the symptoms of either year-round or seasonal allergies. These symptoms include: nasal congestion, runny nose, itchy or watery eyes, and sneezing.
Veramyst can be prescribed to children as young as 2 years of age.
If you are looking into buying Veramyst for reduced prices, YCDS Customer Care is here to help. In addition to supplying Veramyst at the lowest available cost, we also offer any other medications you may be needing. Check out our low Veramyst price as well as the costs for your other medications and see how we can help you save. Your Canada Drug Store exists to help our patients save on their medications. We know drug pricing can be exorbitant, so we have a lowest price guarantee on Veramyst and all of our other medications. We also offer price matching to help you save further!
Here are some other reasons to get medication from us:
- We are verified by CIPA and Pharmacy Checker.
- You will always be happy ordering from us due to our 5-star customer service commitment.
- Our friendly and knowledgeable Customer Care Team is available for extended business hours to help with any of your prescription needs.
- We offer our patients peace of mind by only selling safe, effective medication from our world-wide pharmacy partners.
Our dedication to our customers’ satisfaction doesn’t cease once your order is placed. If you have any questions or concerns after you’ve placed your order, we are here to help and if something isn’t right, we’ll make it right. Our 5-star customer service guarantee ensures you’re getting the highest quality medication and service if you order Veramyst from us.
Always use Veramyst exactly as your doctor has prescribed it to you. Do not use it in larger or smaller quantities, or for longer than recommended. Never share Veramyst with another person, even if they have the same symptoms of you.
A regular dose of Veramyst is 1-2 sprays into each nostril once or twice daily. Follow the dosing instructions set out by your doctor very carefully.
Veramyst is not to be used by children younger than 2 years of age. Any child who uses Veramyst should be supervised by an adult while they use the nasal spray.
Priming your medications helps to ensure it’s always delivering the same dose. You will need to prime Veramyst:
- Before using for the first time
- If you haven’t used Veramyst in over a month
- If the cap has been off of the bottle for longer than 5 days
- If the device does not seem to be functioning properly.
To prime the Veramyst:
- Shake the device well with the cap on
- Take the cap off of the bottle.
- Hold the device with the nozzle pointing upwards and away from you. Put your thumb or fingers on the button. Press the button all the way in until a fine mist sprays from the bottle. Your Veramyst is now ready to use.
Before you take a dose, blow your nose gently to clear your nostrils. Shake the Veramyst well and then follow the 3 steps of Place, Press, and Repeat.
- Tilt your head slightly forward, holding the device upright, PLACE the nozzle in a nostril.
- Point the end of the nozzle towards the outer side of your nostril, away from your septum. This will help the medication get to the right part of your nose.
- PRESS the button all the way in once to spray medication in your nose. Inhale while you do this.
- Be careful not to get any Veramyst in your eyes, if you do, rinse them immediately with water.
- Remove the nozzle from your nose and exhale through your mouth.
- To get the medication into your other nostril, REPEAT steps 1 and 2 in the other nostril.
- If your doctor has told you to take 2 sprays in each nostril, do steps 1-3 again, alternating nostrils again.
- Once your finished, place the cap back on the device.
Any children using Veramyst must be supervised by an adult while they’re using the nasal spray.
If you’ve switched to Veramyst from another steroid medication, don’t suddenly stop your other medication or you may experience withdrawal symptoms. Discuss tapering your doses with your doctor so that you are not stopping abruptly.
To be certain Veramyst isn’t causing hurtful side effects on your sinuses or nose, your doctor might need to check your progress on a regular basis.
It can take several days for your symptoms to begin improving. Keep using Veramyst as instructed and if your symptoms don’t improve after a week of treatment, tell your doctor.
Store Veramist upright and at room temperature, keeping away from heat and moisture. After you’ve used 120 sprays, throw away the bottle even if it feels like there’s still medication inside.
Drug interactions with Veramyst nasal spray can affect how one or both of your medications work and may even lead to increased side effects. Veramyst interacts with the following medications:
This is not a complete list of all medications that may interact with Veramyst. Ensure that your doctor is kept up-to-date on all of the medications you are taking. They should be aware of all prescription and non-prescription drugs as well as herbal products and vitamins. If you have any questions regarding drug interactions you can reach out to our pharmacists for counselling by calling us at 1-844-416-4282.
Alongside the regular Veramyst effects, the active ingredient fluticasone may cause undesirable side effects. You are not likely to experience all of these side effects, though some may need medical attention if they occur.
Talk to your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following side effects while taking Veramyst:
- Bloody nose
- Muscle aches
- Pain or tenderness around the eyes and cheekbones
- Sore throat
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Tightness of the chest
- Troubled breathing
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Blurred vision
- Change in vision
- Loss of vision
Incidence not known
- Difficulty with swallowing
- Fast heartbeat
- Redness of the skin
- Skin rash, itching, hives or welts
There are more mild side effects of Veramyst that usually don’t require medical attention. These side effects will usually subside with treatment once your body adjusts to the medication. Your doctor can also help you prevent some of these side effects.
Discuss these side effects with your doctor if they become bothersome or get worse:
- Back pain
- Pain in the mouth and nose
- Stomach discomfort
- Weight increased
This is not an exhaustive list of all possible Veramyst side effects. Since everyone’s body is different, you may notice negative effects not listed above. If this happens, talk to your doctor immediately.
FLUTICASONE – NASAL SPRAY