What is Trospium used for?
Trospium is used to treat overactive bladder. Trospium extended release capsule works by relaxing the muscles in the bladder which reduces the frequency and urgency of urination. It is classified as a muscarinic antagonist.
Always read and understand the medication guide provided with the product before you begin taking Trospium. When you buy Trospium online from Your Canada Drug Store, we always send the products in the manufacturer’s packaging.
Trospium chloride is taken by mouth twice daily. It is best taken on an empty stomach which is one hour before a meal or 2 hours after a meal. Trospium should be taken everyday and it is best to take it at the same time each day. You can skip a missed dose as long as you continue your treamentent pattern on time.
Trospium can make you drowsy, dizzy or blur your vision. Avoid alcohol while taking Trospium as this can increase these effects. Trospium can also make you sweat less and make you more likely to get a heat stroke. Avoid doing activities that may cause you to overheat such as excessive exercise in hot weather.
If you have medical conditions such as ulcerative colitis, Myasthenia gravis or Benign prostatic hyperplasia, this may not be an appropriate treatment for you. They may change the safety or efficacy of the medicine.
Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. Your doctor needs to steremine if this can harm an unborn baby. Seek emergency medical attention if you experience an allergic reaction.
The following drugs are known to interact with Trospium. This is not an exhaustive list of all possible drug interactions. It is important to disclose all your current medications, (including prescription medications and herbal products) with your doctor to prevent allergic reactions or adverse interactions.
- Glycopyrronium Tosylate
- Secretin Human
Trospium has known side effects. This is not a complete list and includes frequently reported adverse events. If you experience any signs and symptoms of serious side effects when taking this, talk to your doctor or seek emergency care.
Report side effects to your doctor. If you find them unmanageable call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. We also have a pharmacist that can provide counselling when you buy Trospium online.
- holding false beliefs that cannot be changed by fact
- painful urination
- swelling of the abdomen or stomach area
- severe headache
- sores, ulcers, or white spots in the mouth or on the lips
- enlarged pupils
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- decrease in urine volume
- red, irritated eyes
- joint pain
- bloated or full feeling
- dry eyes
- decrease in the frequency of urination
- tenderness in the stomach area
- increased sweating, possibly with fever or cold
- runny nose
- Back pain
- passing gas
- Blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin
- stiff or sore neck
- difficulty having a bowel movement (stool)
- severe chest pain
- unable to have a bowel movement (stool)
- skin rash
- bloody or cloudy urine
- difficulty in passing urine (dribbling)
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- dark-colored urine
- sleepiness or unusual drowsiness
- fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse
- Bladder pain
- upper stomach pain
- excess air or gas in the stomach or intestines
- loss of appetite
- fast or slow heartbeat
- confusion as to time, place, or person
- clammy skin
- trouble sleeping
- dry skin
- Acid or sour stomach
- muscle aches and pains
- lower back or side pain
- stomach discomfort, upset, or pain
- tightness in the chest
- stuffy nose
- changes in vision
- trouble with urinating
- shortness of breath
- difficult or burning urination
- general feeling of discomfort or illness
- unusual excitement, nervousness, or restlessness
- increased sensitivity of the eyes to light
- sore throat
- seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there
- frequent urge to urinate
- red skin lesions, often with a purple center
- muscle cramps or spasms
- dry mouth
- loss of taste
- difficulty with swallowing
- muscle stiffness
- change in taste
- blurred vision
- Burning feeling in the chest or stomach
- dry throat
Current discounts and promotions when you buy Trospium online can be found here
DISCLAIMER: The information provided here is for informational purposes only and is not intended to replace the medical advice provided by a certified medical professional. You require your doctor's approval prior to buying or using prescription drugs sold here. We do have a pharmacist on staff if your doctor is unavailable to provide medical advice when you buy Trospium online.