What Strength (Dosage) are you looking for?
DISCLAIMER: The following is presented for informational purposes on Tolvaptan. This is not intended to replace individualized advice from a doctor. Always seek out a physician or other health care provider if you have questions about your condition or treatment. Never ignore or delay in seeking medical advice because of the information provided here.
Samsca (Tolvaptan) is a medication that reduces the levels of a hormone that regulates the balance of water and sodium in the body. High levels of this hormone cause an imbalance resulting in low sodium levels and fluid retention.
Tolvaptan is also used for the treatment of hyponatremia in people with heart failure and certain hormone imbalances. Tolvaptan also improves urine flow while ensuring your body doesn’t lose too much sodium.
Tolvaptan is a medication offered by Your Canada Drug Store. We will get you safe and effective Tolvaptan for the lowest cost. We can help you save on your essential medications and offer a lower Tolvaptan cost than you’d find in the United States. We are so confident we have the lowest Tolvaptan cost that if you find another CIPA certified pharmacy referral company with a lower price, we will match them. It has to be the same medication, same manufacturer, and the same country of origin. We also take into account shipping charges when matching other companies’ Tolvaptan cost. We are the safest choice for buying top quality drugs at an excellent price. Here are some of the best reasons to purchase your medication with us:
- We are verified by Pharmacy Checker and CIPA (the Canadian International Pharmacy Association).
- We have a 5 star commitment to customer satisfaction. This means that you have access to the widest and best selection of brand and generic medicines.
- Our friendly and knowledgeable Customer Care Team is available for extended business hours. We are always happy to aid you with any of your prescription needs.
- We offer our patients peace of mind. You can trust you will get safe, reliable medicine from our certified pharmacy partners worldwide.
Our commitment to customer support doesn’t stop after you’ve placed your order. We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest cost when you buy Tolvaptan online with our No-Risk Guarantee. If for any reason you are unhappy when you buy Tolvaptan, you can use our return policy and get your money back!
Always read any information that comes in the package when you are starting or refilling Tolvaptan. Take this medication as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take it more or less often or for longer than your doctor prescribes.
It is important to take your first dose of Tolvaptan in a hospital. This allows your doctor to check your response to this medication and monitor any unwanted side effects.
You can take Tolvaptan with or without food.
Tolvaptan is not intended for long-term use. You should not take this medication for over 30 days. This lessens your risk of liver injury.
The amount of medication you will be prescribed depends on the strength of the medication. The number of doses per day, time between doses, and length of time you take Tolvaptan depend on the medical condition you’re using this medication for.
Though there are some medications that should never be used together, sometimes you can safely take two medications that interact. In these instances your doctor will change the dose or take other necessary steps to ensure there are no negative interactions. The following medications may interact with Tolvaptan:
This is not a complete list of medications that may interact with Tolvaptan. Always ensure you give your doctor a list of prescription, non-prescription, and herbal products you take. This will help your doctor monitor for drug interactions and keep you from experiencing unwanted side effects.
Certain medications should not be used around the time of consuming certain kinds of food since interactions may occur. Alcohol and tobacco use combined with certain medicines can also cause interactions to occur. Using this medication with the following is not recommended. Talk to your doctor about how to manage your doses if use of the following is unavoidable for you.
- Grapefruit Juice
Other medical problems
If you have other medical issues, they may affect your use of Tolvaptan. Ensure your doctor knows about all medical conditions you have, especially:
- Cirrhosis (a liver disease)
- Liver disease
- Malnutrition (poor nutrition or undernourished condition)
- Anuria (not able to pass urine)
- Hypovolemic hyponatremia (low blood sodium with low blood fluid)
- Kidney disease
- Not able to sense or respond to thirst
- Hyperkalemia (high potassium in the blood)
- Hypovolemia (low blood volume)
- Stomach or bowel bleeding
This is not a complete list of interactions Tolvaptan can have with other medications, foods, or medical conditions. Talk with your doctor if you have more questions. You can also reach a licensed pharmacist for counselling by reaching out to our customer service team at 1-844-416-4282.
Other medical problems
The presence of other medical problems may affect the use of this medicine. Make sure you tell your doctor if you have any other medical problems, especially:
- Alcoholism, chronic or
- Cirrhosis (a liver disease) or
- Liver disease, severe or
- Malnutrition (poor nutrition or undernourished condition)—May increase risk for more serious side effects.
- Anuria (not able to pass urine) or
- Hypovolemic hyponatremia (low blood sodium with low blood fluid) or
- Kidney disease, severe or
- Not able to sense or respond to thirst or
- Patients with sodium blood levels must be increased right away—Should not be used in patients with these conditions.
- Dehydration or
- Hyperkalemia (high potassium in the blood) or
- Hypovolemia (low blood volume) or
- Stomach or bowel bleeding—Use with caution. May make these conditions worse.
Along with the needed effects of a medication, you may also experience some unwanted side effects. Not all of these side effects will occur but if they do, they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of these side effects occur:
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- blurred vision
- dry mouth
- flushed, dry skin
- frequent urination
- fruit-like breath odor
- increased hunger
- increased thirst
- increased urination
- increased volume of pale, dilute urine
- troubled breathing
- unexplained weight loss
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- Abdominal or stomach tenderness
- blood in the urine
- bloody stools
- blue lips, fingernails, or skin
- chest pain
- coughing or vomiting blood
- dark-colored urine
- dizziness or lightheadedness
- fast, slow, irregular or shallow heartbeat
- irregular, fast or slow, or shallow breathing
- loss of consciousness
- muscle cramps or spasms
- muscle pain or stiffness
- swelling, pain, or redness in the arm or leg
- persistent bleeding or oozing from nose, mouth, or puncture sites
- pink or red urine
- rectal bleeding
- shortness of breath
- sudden shortness of breath or troubled breathing
- vaginal bleeding
Some side effects might occur that don’t usually require medical attention. These side effects may go down during treatment as your body adjusts to the medication. Your health care provider may even be able to help you mitigate those side effects. If any of these effects persist or become bothersome check in with your doctor:
- Difficulty having a bowel movement (stool)
- lack or loss of strength
- Loss of appetite
- weight loss
Other side effects not listed may also occur in some patients. If you notice any other effects, check with your healthcare professional.
TOLVAPTAN – ORAL