What Strength (Dosage) are you looking for?
DISCLAIMER: The following information is presented to educate consumers on Segluromet. This is not intended to replace medical advice from a professional. Always seek out a doctor’s advice on medications you take or for your health conditions or treatment. Never ignore medical advice because of the information provided here.
Segluromet contains two medications, ertugliflozin and metformin. Segluromet is prescribed along with diet and exercise to lower the level of sugar in the blood in adults with type 2 diabetes, already using ertugliflozin and metformin for treatment or who don’t have a handle on their blood sugar with these medications alone. This medications should not be used in patients with type 1 diabetes. Segluromet should not be used for people with diabetic ketoacidosis.
Get Segluromet from Your Canada Drug Store and save. We aim to give our customers the lowest price on their essential medications by providing the widest selection of brand name and generic medications. You can get Segluromet as well as any other medications you take from Your Canada Drug Store. Get your drugs from YCDS Customer Care – the top choice for affordable medications.
Here are some reasons for you to purchase from us:
- We are verified by Pharmacy Checker and CIPA (the Canadian International Pharmacy Association).
- We have a 5 star commitment to customer satisfaction. This means that you have access to the widest and best selection of brand and generic medicines.
- Our friendly and knowledgeable Customer Care Team is available for extended business hours. We are always happy to aid you with any of your prescription needs.
- We offer our patients peace of mind. You can trust you will get safe, reliable medicine from our certified pharmacy partners worldwide.
Our commitment to the customer experience doesn’t stop after you’ve ordered. We guarantee you are paying the lowest price for Segluromet with our No-Risk guarantee! If for any reason you’re unhappy with your Segluromet, you can use our return policy to get your money back.
Take Segluromet exactly as the doctor orders. Your doctor might do blood tests before you start Segluromet. Take Segluromet orally twice per day with meals. Taking this medication with food will help lower your chances of having an upset stomach. Your doctor may adjust your dose if needed.
If you miss a dose, you should take it when you remember. If it is nearly time for your next dose, you should skip the missed dose and take your next dose at the regularly scheduled time. Do not double up on doses if you forget one.
Drug interactions can increase your risk of side effects or change how your medications work. Some drug interactions must be avoided at all costs. In other cases, you may be able to take two medications that interact if your doctor takes necessary precautions such as changing the doses of your medications.
The following drugs may interact with Segluromet:
This is not a complete list of drug interactions. Before starting a new medication you should share a list of the medications you take with your doctors. The list should include the prescription, non-prescription, herbal products, and vitamins you are taking. This will allow your doctor to properly monitor for drug interactions. If you have further questions about drug interactions you can call us at 1-844-416-4282 and ask to be transferred to a licensed pharmacist for counselling.
Along with the expected effects of a medication, you may experience negative side effects. Segluromet can cause the following side effects:
- Dehydration. Segluromet can cause dehydration in some people. Dehydration can cause you to feel dizzy, faint, weak, or lightheaded, especially when you stand up. You may be at risk of dehydration if you:
- Take medicines to lower your blood pressure
- Have low blood pressure
- Are on a low sodium diet
- Are 65 years of age or older
- Have kidney problems
- Ketoacidosis. Ketoacidosis has occurred in in people with type 1 and type 2 diabetes during Segluromet treatment. Ketoacidosis is a serious condition which might need to be treated in the hospital. The following symptoms are indicative of ketoacidosis. If you notice these, you should stop taking Segluromet and call your doctor immediately if you notice any of the following:
- Abdominal pain
- Trouble breathing
- Kidney problems. People treated with Segluromet have been known to experience sudden kidney injury. Talk to your doctor immediately if you:
- Start to lose liquid from your body, for example, from diarrhea, vomiting, or being in the sun too long
- Reduce the amount of food or liquid you are consuming, for example, if you cannot eat or are sick
- Serious urinary tract infection (UTI). If you have any of these signs and symptoms of a serious UTI, contact your doctor:
- Need to urinate often
- The need to urgently urinate
- Pelvic pain
- Burning feeling when you urinate
- Back pain
- Amputations. Your risk of lower limb amputations may be increased while taking Segluromet. Amputations mainly involve removal of the toe. If you have the following, you may be at a higher risk of limb amputations:
- Blocked or narrowed blood vessels
- Nerve damage in your leg
- Have a history of amputation
- Have had diabetic foot sores or ulcers
- Low blood sugar. If you are taking Segluromet alongside another medication that lowers blood sugar, your risk of getting low blood sugar increases. Signs and symptoms of low blood sugar include:
- Fast heartbeat
- Feeling shaky or jittery
- Necrotizing Fasciitis in the area between and around the genitals (perineum). Necrotizing Fasciitis can lead to hospitalization, can require surgeries, and may lead to death. Seek immediate medical attention if you have a fever, if you are feeling very tired, uncomfortable, or weak, and you develop the following symptoms in and around your preineum:
- Redness of the skin
- Pain or tenderness
- Vaginal yeast infection. You may get a vaginal yeast infection while taking Seglumet. Yeast infections include:
- White or yellowish vaginal discharge
- Vaginal itching
- Vaginal odor
- Yeast infection of the penis. You may experience a yeast infection on skin around the penis. Symptoms of a penile yeast infection include:
- Rash on the penis
- Pain in the skin around your penis
- Foul smelling discharge from the penis
- Itching, swelling, or redness of the penis
Because everyone’s body is different you may experience symptoms that are not listed here. If you experience unlisted symptoms talk with your doctor right away.
ERTUGLIFLOZIN/METFORMIN – ORAL