What Strength (Dosage) are you looking for?
DISCLAIMER: The following information is presented to educate consumers on Azulfidine. This is not intended to be used as a substitute for personalized medical advice. Seek a physician’s advice if you have any questions about your medical condition or treatment. Never ignore professional medical advice or delay seeking it out because of the information provided below.
Azulfidine (known as Salazopyrin in Canada) is prescribed for the treatment of ulcerative colitis (UC), and to decrease the likelihood of UC attacks. This medication does not cure ulcerative colitis, but it may reduce the number of attacks you experience.
Azulfidine can also be used for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis in children and adults. Azulfidine is typically prescribed for those who have tried other arthritis medications that either didn’t work or stopped working.
Your Canada Drug Store offers Azulfidine from Canada. We always offer the lowest available price on essential medications including Azulfidine. Our top priority is providing safe, effective medication like Azulfidine at the lowest possible price. We can help you to save on your essential medications like Azulfidine. Your Canada Drug Store is a trustworthy source for safe and effective medication at a price that won’t break the bank. You can get Azulfidine as well as any other essential medications from Your Canada Drug store!
Here are some reasons for you to purchase from us:
- We are verified by Pharmacy Checker and CIPA (the Canadian International Pharmacy Association).
- We have a 5 star commitment to customer satisfaction. This means that you have access to the widest and best selection of brand and generic medicines.
- Our friendly and knowledgeable Customer Care Team is available for extended business hours. We are always happy to aid you with any of your prescription needs.
- We offer our patients peace of mind. You can trust you will get safe, reliable medicine from our certified pharmacy partners worldwide.
Our commitment to the customer experience doesn’t stop after you’ve placed your Azulfidine order. We guarantee you will pay the lowest Azulfidine cost with our price match guarantee. If you’re unhappy with your Azulfidine, you can use our return policy to help get your money back.
Always take your medication exactly as instructed by your doctor. Read and follow the prescription label closely.
Take Azulfidine after eating. Swallow the tablet whole, never break, chew, or crush the tablet. You will need medical tests regularly while on Azulfidine, ensure you keep all regular appointments. Stay properly hydrated to keep your kidneys functioning normally while you are taking Azulfidine.
Azulfidine can affect the results of some medical tests so make sure all doctors and lab personnel know you are taking this medication.
If you are using other medications for your arthritis do not stop taking them until your doctor tells you to. Azulfidine might not improve your symptoms immediately, you might still need to take your other medications for a while.
Drug interactions can increase your risk of side effects, or change how your medications work. There are some very serious drug interactions that should always be avoided. In other cases drugs can be used together even though they interact. These interactions can be mitigated by your doctor changing your dose or the timing of taking the medications.
The following drugs interact with Azulfidine:
This is not a complete list of drug interactions. Ensure you give all the doctors treating you a list of all of the prescription and non-prescription drugs, as well as the herbal products you are taking. This will help them watch out for drug interactions to help you avoid them. If you have any questions regarding drug interactions you should call your doctor, or you can reach out to us at 1-844-416-4282 and ask to speak to a pharmacist for counselling.
Along with the regular effects of a medication, they can also cause unwanted side effects. Though not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur, you may need medical attention.
If any of the following side effects occur, check with your doctor immediately:
- Aching of joints
- Headache (continuing)
- Increased sensitivity of the skin to sunlight
- Skin rash or itching
- Back, leg, or stomach pains
- Bleeding gums
- Bluish color of the palms, lips, fingernails, nail beds, or skin
- Dark urine
- Difficulty breathing
- General body swelling
- Loss of appetite
- Pale skin
- Sore throat
- Troubled breathing with exertion
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Yellowing of the eyes or skin
Less common or rare
- Aching of muscles
- Black, tarry stools
- Blistering, loosening, or peeling of the skin
- Blood in the urine or stools
- Bloody diarrhea
- Bluish fingernails, lips, or skin
- Chest pain
- Difficulty with swallowing
- Fainting spells
- Fast heartbeat
- General feeling of discomfort or illness
- General tiredness and weakness
- Inflammation of the joints
- Irregular heartbeat
- Light-colored stools
- Muscle aches
- Muscle cramps or spasms
- Muscle pain or stiffness
- Painful or difficult urination
- Pains in the side, abdomen, back or stomach
- Pinpoint red spots on the skin
- Puffiness or swelling of the face, lips, eyelids, eyes or tongue
- Red skin lesions, often with a purple center
- Red, irritated eyes
- Redness, blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin
- Sores, ulcers, or white spots in the mouth or on the lips
- Swollen or painful glands
- Tightness in the chest
- Upper right abdominal or stomach pain
Incidence not known
- Large, hive-like swelling on the tongue, sex organs, face, throat, eyelids, throat, lips, hands, feet, or legs
You may encounter some side effects that don’t usually need medical attention. These side effects usually go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medication. Your doctor may also be able to help you avoid or lessen some of these side effects.
The following side effects usually do not require medical attention:
- Abdominal or stomach pain or upset
- Decreased weight
Less common or rare
- Discoloration of the skin or urine
- Hair loss or thinning of the hair
- Swelling or inflammation of the mouth
Other side effects might occur that are not listed here. If you experience side effects other than these, talk to your doctor right away.
SULFASALAZINE – ORAL