What is Ranexa used for?
Ranexa is used to treat chronic angina. It's mechanism of action increases blood flow and oxygen to help the heart work more efficiently. Ranexa is used for patients with chronic angina. It should not be used for emergency relief of sudden angina episodes. It may be used with other beta blockers if recommended by your doctor.
Ranexa (Ranolazine) Information
How to use Ranexa?
Always read and understand the patient information guide provided with the product before you begin taking Ranexa. When you buy Ranexa online from Your Canada Drug Store, we always send the products in the manufacturer’s packaging.
Ranexa should be taken by mouth everyday as prescribed by your doctor. It is an extended release tablet so should not be cut, crushed or chewed. It should be swallowed whole. Do not increase your dose of Ranexa without first consulting your doctor.
Taking extra medicine may not improve your condition and may increase your risk of experiencing side effects of ranolazine. Inform your doctor if you are not experiencing the expected results after a set period of time.
Ranexa may affect your reactions or thinking. Be careful while driving or doing anything that requires you to be alert until you know how Ranexa affects you. Store at room temperature away from children and animals when not in use.
Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. The drug may contaminate breast milk.
Ranexa drug interactions
The following drugs are known to interact with Ranexa. This is not an exhaustive list of all possible drug interactions. It is important to disclose all your current medications, (including prescription medications and herbal products) with your doctor to prevent allergic reactions or adverse interactions. They may have to determine if the interaction is worth the benefit of using both drugs or if your therapeutic plan needs to be changed.
- Arsenic Trioxide
What are the side effects of Ranexa?
Ranexa has known side effects. This is not a complete list and includes frequently reported adverse events. If you experience any signs and symptoms of serious side effects when taking this, talk to your doctor or seek emergency care.
Report side effects to your doctor. If you find them unmanageable call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. We also have a pharmacist that can provide counseling when you buy Ranexa online.
- fast, irregular, pounding or racing heartbeat or pulse
- Abnormal or decreased touch sensation
- slow or irregular heartbeat
- cold sweats
- sensation of spinning
- shakiness in the legs, arms, hands, or feet
- chest pain or discomfort
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- blurred vision
- rapid weight gain
- continuous ringing or buzzing or other unexplained noise in the ears
- Dry mouth
- tingling of the hands or feet
- Difficulty having a bowel movement (stool)
- labored breathing or shortness of breath
- dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position
- tightness in the chest
- decreased urine output
- muscle twitching
- Bloating or swelling of the face, arms, hands, lower legs, or feet
- feeling of constant movement of self or surroundings
- unusual weight gain or loss
- blood in the urine
- trembling or shaking of the hands or feet
- burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, "pins and needles", or tingling feelings
- Lack or loss of strength
- hearing loss
- stomach pain
Current discounts and promotions when you buy Ranexa online can be found here