What is Prevacid Fastab used for?
Prevacid Fastab is an orally dissolving tablet. It is classified as a proton pump inhibitor which works by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach. It is used in the treatment of ulcers. It can treat and prevent various stomach conditions such as duodenal ulcers, gastric ulcers, acid reflux, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome and Helicobacter Pylori (H. Pylori).
Prevacid Fastab Information
Always read and understand the medication guide provided with the product before you begin taking Prevacid Fastab. When you buy Prevacid Fastab online from Your Canada Drug Store, we always send the products in the manufacturer’s packaging.
Prevacid Fastab Is an orally dissolving tablet. This means that when the tablet is placed in the mouth it quickly dissolves without chewing or requiring water. Your dosage of Prevacid Fastab is based on the condition being treated and the severity of your condition.
Your health care professional will determine your dose. Take Prevacid Fastab Exactly as prescribed and for the duration indicated. Do not take this more often than what is recommended. Making a dosage adjustment without the supervision of a doctor or pharmacist will not improve your condition.
Your length of treatment with Prevacid Fastab Depends on your condition being treated. Some conditions require long term treatment. Prevacid Fastabcan also be taken everyday long term to prevent some conditions from occurring, for example to prevent stomach ulcers caused by long term use of NSAIDs (anti inflammatory drugs).
If you miss a dose you can take it once you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, you can skip the missed dose and continue with your schedule.
The following drugs are known to interact with Prevacid Fastab. This is not an exhaustive list of all possible drug interactions. It is important to disclose all your current medications, (including prescription medications and herbal products) with your doctor to prevent allergic reactions or adverse interactions.
- Eslicarbazepine Acetate
- Mycophenolate Mofetil
- Secretin Human
Prevacid Fastab has known side effects. This is not a complete list and includes frequently reported adverse events. If you experience any signs and symptoms of serious side effects when taking this, talk to your doctor or seek emergency care.
Report side effects to your doctor. If you find them unmanageable call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. We also have a pharmacist that can provide counselling when you buy Prevacid Fastab online.
- mood or mental changes
- mild diarrhea
- difficulty with speaking
- tightness in the chest
- change in mental status
- change in taste
- mild vomiting
- swelling of the feet or lower legs
- itching, skin rash
- painful or difficult urination
- rectal bleeding
- Back or leg pains
- bloody, black, or tarry stools
- lower back or side pain
- flushing or redness of the skin, especially on the face and neck
- sore throat
- feeling of heat or warmth
- loss of appetite
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- Bleeding, blistering, burning, coldness, or discoloration of the skin
- general body swelling
- increased cough
- dark or bloody urine
- pinpoint red spots on the skin
- yellow eyes or skin
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- muscle pain
- pains in the stomach, side, or abdomen, possibly radiating to the back
- joint pain
- bleeding gums
- decrease in the frequency of urination
- decrease in urine volume
- mild nausea
- sores, ulcers, or white spots on the lips or in the mouth
- mild headache
- stomach tenderness
- blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin
- difficulty with swallowing
- mental depression
- swollen or painful glands
- stomach pain
- burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, "pins and needles", or tingling feelings
- pale skin
- Increased or decreased appetite
- red, irritated eyes
- Decrease in passing urine (dribbling)
- fast heartbeat
- high fever
- chest pain
- red skin lesions, often with a purple center
- muscle spasms (tetany) or twitching seizures
- clay colored stools
- Bad, unusual, or unpleasant (after) taste
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- stomach discomfort or upset
- kidney problem
Current discounts and promotions when you buy Prevacid Fastab online can be found here
DISCLAIMER: The information provided here is for informational purposes only and is not intended to replace the medical advice provided by a certified medical professional. You require your doctor's approval prior to buying or using prescription drugs sold here. We do have a pharmacist on staff if your doctor is unavailable to provide medical advice when you buy Prevacid Fastab online. Do not use the information here to ignore or contradict advice provided by a licensed medical professional. Always seek medical advice if you have any questions or concerns about this medication.