What Strength (Dosage) are you looking for?
DISCLAIMER: The following is presented as a summary for educational purposes aimed at consumers taking Floxin ear drops. This is not a replacement for advice from your physician. You should always talk to your doctor directly if you need advice regarding your medical condition or treatment. Your doctor has the most complete information about your health care and this summary should not be used to replace their advice.
Floxin (ofloxacin) is an antibiotic prescribed to treat bacterial infections.
Floxin is used to treat ear canal infections in children and adults. It is also used to treat inner ear infections.
It can also be used on a long-term basis to treat infections leading to a hole in the ear drum (ruptured ear drum) in children over 12 and adults. There are other purposes for Floxin not listed here, consult with your physician to learn more.
Your Canada Drug Store sells Floxin from Canada for lower prices than you would find at your local drug store. We give our customers the lowest available price for Floxin. You can purchase all of your necessary prescriptions online from our licensed pharmacy partners world-wide. Your Canada Drug Store is the most trustworthy source to get safe and effective medicines like Floxin at the lowest available cost.
Here are some reasons for you to purchase from us:
- We are verified by Pharmacy Checker and CIPA (the Canadian International Pharmacy Association).
- We have a 5 star commitment to customer satisfaction. This means that you have access to the widest and best selection of brand and generic medicines.
- Our friendly and knowledgeable Customer Care Team is available for extended business hours. We are always happy to aid you with any of your prescription needs.
- We offer our patients peace of mind. You can trust you will get safe, reliable medicine from our certified pharmacy partners worldwide.
Our commitment to providing a personal, friendly customer experience doesn’t stop after you’ve ordered. We always guarantee you’re paying the lowest price for your Floxin with our no-risk guarantee. If you’re dissatisfied with your order for any reason you can utilize our return policy to get your money back.
Always follow the instruction on your prescription label, do not change anything about how you take Floxin unless you’re doctor has told you.
Shake Floxin well just before each use.
You can warm the medication before using it by holding the bottle in your hand for a minute or two. If you use cold ear drops it can lead to dizziness.
Proper use of the ear drops:
- Tilt your head to the side or lie down with your ear facing upwards. Open the ear canal by pulling your ear back, or pull downward on the earlobe if you’re administering this medication to a child.
- Hold the dropper upside down over your ear and put the correct amount of drops into your ear.
- Leave your head in this position for approximately 5 minutes. You can use a small piece of cotton to plug the ear and prevent the medication from draining.
- If you have ear tubes, the doctor might suggest pressing the tragus gently four to five times in a pumping motion after you’ve administrated the drops. This can allow the drops to pass through the ear tubes into the middle ear. Follow your physician’s instructions.
Do not allow the dropper tip to touch your ear and do not place it directly in your ear as this could cause contamination. Wipe the tip with a clean tissue, but do not wash with soap or water.
Use Floxin for the full length of time it’s prescribed. Your symptoms might improve before the infection is completely cleared, but if you skip doses it can increase your risk of further infection that’s resistant to antibiotics.
If your symptoms do not improve after 7 days of treatment or if you experience new symptoms, reach out to your doctor as soon as possible.
Drug interactions may affect the functionality of your medications or can increase your risk of negative side effects. Discuss drug interactions with your doctor before starting Floxin.
The following drugs may react with ofloxacin:
This is an incomplete list of drug interactions with Floxin, so ensure that you give your doctor a complete list of medications you’re taking as well as any vitamins and herbal products. If you have inquiries about interactions or medications, you can reach out to us at 1-844-416-4282 and request to speak with a pharmacist for counselling.
Side effects are unwanted effects that may appear along side the expected effects of a medication. They range from moderate to severe and some may require medical attention.
Check in with your doctor right away if any of the following side effects occur while taking Floxin:
- Burning, redness, swelling, itching, skin rash or other irritation not present before use of this medicine
Check in with your doctor immediately if the following side effects occur while you take Floxin:
- Bleeding from the ear
- Fast heartbeat
- Ringing in the ear
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Sore throat
Some Floxin side effects are more mild and do not usually require medical attention. These side effects will likely go away during treatment as your body adjusts to this medication.
Only bring up the following side effects with your doctor if they persist or worsen:
- Change in taste
- Numbness or tingling
You may experience side effects that do not appear here. If you do, get in contact with your doctor right away.
OFLOXACIN – ORAL