What Strength (Dosage) are you looking for?
DISCLAIMER: The following information is provided for educational purposes for those looking into Invokamet. It is not to be used as a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always go to your doctor for medical advice or if you have any questions about your medical condition. This information does not guarantee that Invokamet is the right medication for your treatment or that it is safe for you to use. Do not ignore or delay in seeking medical advice because of the information provided here.
Invokamet (canagliflozin and metformin) is prescribed along side a diet and exercise regimen to improve blood sugar control in adults with type 2 diabetes.
Canagliflozin and metformin are orally taken diabetes medications that assist in controlling blood sugar levels. Invokamet is also prescribed to lower the risk of cardiovascular events (such as stroke or heart attack which can lead to death) in adults who have type 2 diabetes and established cardiovascular diseases.
Invokamet can be used for purposes not listed here, ask your doctor for more information.
Your Canada Drug Store offers Invokamet at the lowest available price. We aim to provide safe and effective medication at affordable prices for patients world-wide. You can purchase Invokamet from our licensed pharmacy partners. We have the widest selection of brand and generic medications available to ensure we are getting the lowest price on Invokamet. You can get Invokamet as well as your other life-saving medications from Your Canada Drug Store – the most trustworthy source for affordable medicine!
Here are some reasons for you to purchase from us:
- We are verified by Pharmacy Checker and CIPA (the Canadian International Pharmacy Association).
- We have a 5 star commitment to customer satisfaction. This means that you have access to the widest and best selection of brand and generic medicines.
- Our friendly and knowledgeable Customer Care Team is available for extended business hours. We are always happy to aid you with any of your prescription needs.
- We offer our patients peace of mind. You can trust you will get safe, reliable medicine from our certified pharmacy partners worldwide.
Our commitment to providing a sincere, unique, customer experience doesn’t stop once you’ve ordered. We guarantee that you are paying the lowest available price for Invokamet with our no-risk guarantee! If for any reason you’re dissatisfied with your Invokamet, you can use our return policy to get your money back.
Take Invokamet exactly as your doctor prescribes. Do not take it more often, take more of it, or take it for a longer time than your doctor has told you.
Invokamet should come with a medication guide. Read and follow those instructions and ask your doctor any questions you may have.
In order to reduce unwanted stomach effects, you should take Invokamet with meals. If you are on a low sodium diet tell your doctor.
If your doctor has you on a special meal plan, follow it carefully. This is the most crucial part of controlling your blood sugar and help your medication work properly. Exercise on a regular basis and test your blood and urine sugar levels as your doctor instructs.
Drug interactions can interfere with the way your medication works or increase your risk of negative side effects. Although certain drugs should not be used together at all, in other instances, your doctor will be able to take precautions to lessen the effects of the interactions.
The following medications may interact with Invokamet:
This is not an exhaustive list of drug interactions. Always give your doctor a complete list of the medications you take so they can properly watch for drug interactions. This list should include all of the prescription and non-prescription drugs, herbal products, and vitamins you take.
Other medical problems
If you have other medical conditions, they can also affect the use of Invokamet. Ensure you let your doctor know about your complete medical history before starting a new medication.
The following conditions can interfere with Invokamet:
- Adrenal gland problem (underactive)
- Alcohol abuse
- Congestive heart failure
- Pancreatic insulin deficiency
- Pituitary gland problem (underactive)
- Poorly nourished condition
- Sepsis (severe infection)
- Weakened physical condition
- Anemia (low red blood cells)
- Genital yeast (fungus) infection (eg, balanitis, balanoposthitis, vulvovaginitis)
- rHypercholesteremia (high levels of cholesterol)
- Hyperkalemia (high potassium in the blood)
- Hypotension (low blood pressure)
- Hypovolemia (low blood volume)
- Kidney disease
- Urinary tract infection
- Vitamin B12 deficiency
- Diabetic ketoacidosis (high ketones and acid in the blood)
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Metabolic acidosis (acid in the blood)
- Patients receiving dialysis
- Type I diabetes
This is not an exhaustive list of medical interactions. Ensure you are telling your doctor about your complete medical history before starting a new medication.
Along with the regular effects of a medication, they may also cause some unwanted side effects. You will not experience all of these side effects, but some, if encountered, may require immediate medical attention.
If you experience the following, contact your doctor immediately:
- Abdominal or stomach discomfort
- Bladder pain
- Bloody or cloudy urine
- Decreased appetite
- Difficult, burning, or painful urination
- Fast, shallow breathing
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Frequent urination
- General feeling of discomfort
- Increased nighttime urination
- Increased volume of pale, dilute urine
- Itching of the vagina or genitals
- Stinging, redness, or itchiness of the vaginal area
- Lower back or side pain
- Muscle pain or cramping
- Shortness of breath
- Vaginal discharge that is thick and white with no or mild odor.
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Waking to urinate at night
- Dry mouth
- Increased thirst
Incidence not known
- Blurred vision
- Cold sweats
- Cool, pale skin
- Difficulty swallowing
- Dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position
- Fast heartbeat
- Increased hunger
- Irregular heartbeat
- Numbness or tingling in the feet, lips, or hands
- Pain in the skin around the penis
- Reddening of skin around the ears
- Itching, swelling, and redness of the penis
- Slurred speech
- Stomach pain
- Swelling of the eyes, face, or inside of the nose
- Weakness or heaviness of the legs
There are some side effects that may occur that don’t require medical attention. These kinds of side effects will usually go away during treatment while your body adjusts to the medication. Your licensed physician will be able to assist you in avoiding or mitigating these minor side effects.
If the following effects become bothersome or persist, call your doctor:
- Difficulty having a bowel movement (stool)
You may experience side effects that are not listed here. If you notice negative effects, check in with your doctor.
CANAGLIFLOZIN/METFORMIN – ORAL