What Strength (Dosage) are you looking for?
DISCLAIMER: The following information is presented for exclusively informational purposes for those who want to buy Galvus. This is not a replacement for medical advice from your doctor. You should always go to a health care professional if you have any questions regarding your medical condition or treatment. You should never delay going to your doctor or ignore advice they’ve given you because of information provided here. This information does not guarantee that Galvus is the right medication for your condition and treatment.
Gavlus is a medication containing the active substance vildagliptin. It is available in 50 mg tablet format.
Galvus is prescribed to treat type 2 diabetes. It can be used for treatment in the following ways:
- For monotherapy, on its own. This is typically used in patients whose diabetes is not properly controlled by diet and exercise alone and who cannot take metformin.
- Together with metformin, a sulphonylurea, or a thiazolidinedione for dual therapy. When a patient’s diabetes is not properly controlled by this other medication taken alone, but it is only used together with a sulphonylurea in patients who cannot take metformin.
- In triple therapy, it can be used together with metformin and sulphonylurea in patients whose diabetes is not adequately controlled by these medications with diet and exercise.
- In combination with insulin with or without metformin. In patients whose diabetes isn’t controlled properly by diet and exercise and a stable dose of insulin.
Type 2 diabetes is a disease where the pancreas doesn’t produce enough insulin to properly control the level of glucose in the blood, or when the body is not able to effectively use insulin. The active substance in Galvus, vildagliptin, is a DPP-4 inhibitor. It works to block the breakdown of ‘incretin’ hormones in the body. These hormones are released after a meal and work to stimulate the pancreas to produce insulin. By increasing the levels of incretin hormones in the blood, vildagliptin stimulates the pancreas to help produce more insulin when blood glucose levels are high.
Galvus doesn’t work when blood glucose is low. Vildagliptin also reduces the amount of glucose the liver makes by increasing the insulin levels and decreasing the levels of a hormone called glucagon. These processes together reduce blood glucose levels and help in controlling type 2 diabetes.
Your Canada Drug Store sells the most affordable Galvus from our licensed pharmacy partners! We offer the lowest price on Galvus. With a prescription from your doctor you can buy Galvus online from our pharmacy partners world-wide. We are so confident on our Galvus price that we have a price match guarantee! If you find a lower Galvus price anywhere else, we will match it. The other store has to be CIPA certified and the product has to be exactly the same. If it meets these conditions we will match their price! You can get Galvus as well as any other essential medications from Your Canada Drug Store – the most trustworthy source for safe and affordable medications.
Here are some reasons for you to purchase from us:
- We are verified by Pharmacy Checker and CIPA (the Canadian International Pharmacy Association).
- We have a 5 star commitment to customer satisfaction. This means that you have access to the widest and best selection of brand and generic medicines.
- Our friendly and knowledgeable Customer Care Team is available for extended business hours. We are always happy to aid you with any of your prescription needs.
- We offer our patients peace of mind. You can trust you will get safe, reliable medicine from our certified pharmacy partners worldwide.
Our commitment to our customers doesn’t stop once you’ve placed your order. We guarantee you will pay the lowest price for Galvus with our no-risk guarantee. If you’re unhappy with your Galvus for any reason, you can use our return policy to get your money back!
Always take Galvus exactly as instructed by your doctor. Read and follow the instructions on your prescription label as well as the medication guide that comes with Galvus.
The recommended dose of Galvus in adults is:
- One tablet in the morning and another in the evening for a total of 100 mg per day. This dose is recommended when used alone, with a thiazolidinedione, with metformin, with a sulphonylurea and metformin, or with insulin (with or without metformin).
- One tablet in the morning when taken along side sulphonylurea. A lower dose of the sulphonylurea could also be considered to reduce the risk of hypoglycaemia.
The daily dosage should never exceed 2 tablets (100 mg). In individuals with moderate to severe kidney problems, the recommended dose is 50 mg once daily.
Drug interactions can affect the way medications work, or can increase your risk of encountering negative side effects. Some interactions must be avoided at all costs, but in some cases, interactions can be mitigated by changing the doses of your medications or by taking other doctor recommended precautions.
This is not an exhaustive list of drug interactions. Your doctor will monitor for drug interactions, so make sure you give them a list of the medications you take. This list should include: prescription and non-prescription drugs, vitamins, and herbal products that you are taking. If you have further questions about drug interactions you can reach out to us at 1-844-416-4282 and ask to be transferred to a pharmacist for counselling.
All medications have negative side effects. Most of the time these side effects are mild and do not need medical attention. However, there are some very serious side effects that do require medical attention. Before starting Galvus make sure that you have discussed side effects with your doctor and that you are aware of how to handle any side effects you may encounter.
If you feel unwell while on Galvus, even if you don’t think it’s related to the medication, talk with your doctor as soon as possible.
If you notice the following side effects and they are concerning you, reach out to your doctor:
- Swelling of the ankles, feet or hands
- Low blood glucose
- Weight increase
- Itchy rash
- Peeling of skin or blistering
- Excessive sweating
- Joint pain
If you notice any of the following symptoms, get immediate medical help:
- Sudden onset of hives or rash
- Severe and persistent pain in the abdomen
- Nausea and vomiting
- Swelling of the lips, tongue, face, mouth, or throat, which causes difficulty in breathing or swallowing
- Yellowing of the eyes and skin
- Loss of appetite
- Dark urine
Talk to your doctor if you notice any other negative symptoms after starting Galvus. You may experience symptoms not noted here. If you have any other questions about side effects you can call us at 1-844-416-4282 and ask to be transferred to one of our licensed pharmacists for counselling.
VILDAGLIPTIN – ORAL