What is Finasteride used for?
Finasteride is used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). BPH is characterised by an enlarged prostate, difficulty urinating, a decreased flow of urination, hesitation at the beginning of urination, and a need to get up at night to urinate.
Finasteride treats BPH by decreasing the size of the prostate, reducing the symptoms of BPH and reduces the need for prostate surgery. BPH occurs in men only.
Always read and understand the drug information guide provided with the product before you begin taking Finasteride. When you buy Finasteride online from Your Canada Drug Store, we always send the products in the manufacturer’s packaging.
Finasteride oral tablets are taken by mouth once daily. It can be taken alone or in combination with other medications for the treatment of BPH. It is for use in men only and should not be taken by women, especially women who are pregnant or can become pregnant.
Broken or crushed Finasteride tablets should not be handled by women who are pregnant or can become pregnant. It may cause an increased risk of harm to an unborn child.
Finasteride should be taken everyday at the same time each day. It can take up to 6 months to see the full effects of Finasteride. Finasteride does not cure BPH. It may also decrease your risk of developing cancer of the prostate gland.
Use of this drug may talk to treat male pattern hair loss. Speak to your doctor or pharmacist healthcare professionals to determine the risks and benefits of this approach. There may be adverse effects compared to other hair loss treatments.
When you stop taking Finasteride the prostate will entarge again and the symptoms of BPH will return. Do not stop taking Finasteride unless told to do so by your doctor.
Store at room temperature away from children and animals when not used.
The following drugs are known to interact with Finasteride. This is not an exhaustive list of all possible drug interactions. It is important to disclose all your current medications, (including prescription medications and herbal products) with your doctor to prevent allergic reactions or adverse interactions. They may have to determine if the interaction is worth the benefit of using both drugs or if your therapeutic plan needs to be changed.
- Eliquis (apixaban)
- Metoprolol Tartrate (metoprolol)
- Lasix (furosemide)
- Lyrica (pregabalin)
- Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids)
- Xarelto (rivaroxaban)
- Lipitor (atorvastatin)
- Aspirin Low Strength (aspirin)
- Plavix (clopidogrel)
- Cialis (tadalafil)
- Crestor (rosuvastatin)
- CoQ10 (ubiquinone)
- Flomax (tamsulosin)
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
- Tylenol (acetaminophen)
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)
- Aspir 81 (aspirin)
- MiraLAX (polyethylene glycol 3350)
- Metoprolol Succinate ER (metoprolol)
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
Finasteride has known side effects. This is not a complete list and includes frequently reported adverse events. If you experience any signs and symptoms of serious side effects when taking this, talk to your doctor or seek emergency care.
Report side effects to your doctor. If you find them unmanageable call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. We also have a pharmacist that can provide counselling when you buy Finasteride online.
- itchy skin
- rapid weight gain
- hives or welts
- Clear or bloody discharge from the nipple
- breast enlargement and tenderness
- unusual weight gain or loss
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- redness or swelling of the breast
- inability to have or keep an erection
- lump in the breast or under the arm
- Runny nose
- back pain
- stuffy nose
- tingling of the hands or feet
- skin rash
- cold sweats
- inverted nipple
- Testicular pain
- redness of the skin
- sore on the skin of the breast that does not heal
- swelling of the lips and face
- dimpling of the breast skin
- decreased amount of semen
- persistent crusting or scaling of the nipple
- sleepiness or unusual drowsiness
- loss in sexual ability, desire, drive, or performance
- dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up from a lying or sitting position
- Bloating or swelling of the face, arms, hands, lower legs, or feet
- Decreased interest in sexual intercourse
Current discounts and promotions when you buy Finasteride online can be found here
DISCLAIMER: The information provided here is for informational purposes only and is not intended to replace the medical advice provided by a certified medical professional. You require your doctor's approval prior to buying or using prescription drugs sold here. We do have a pharmacist on staff if your doctor is unavailable to provide medical advice when you buy Finasteride online. Do not use the information here to ignore or contradict advice provided by a licensed medical professional. Always seek medical advice if you have any questions or concerns about this medication.