What is Estrogel?
Estrogel (Estradiol) is a hormone replacement medication that is used when the body does not produce enough estrogen on it’s own. This provides relief for symptoms of menopause including moderate to severe hot flashes. Menopause occurs when the body stops producing estrogen naturally. This does not work well to treat the vaginal symptoms of menopause. Localised treatments often work better for vaginal symptoms. Talk with your healthcare if you develop vaginal symptoms.
Estrogel usually works best when applied to a clean and dry area on the upper thigh. Your instructions may differ if your doctor wants you to apply it elsewhere. The manufacturer advises against applying it to the breast, face or near the vagina.
Do not apply the gel more frequently than recommended. This will not help your condition and may increase your chance of experiencing side effects. It is best to wait a few minutes before dressing. Once it dries, cover the affected area with clothing to prevent others from coming in contact with the medicine. It should be safe for others to touch an hour after applying your dose.
When you have finished applying the medication make sure that you wash your hands with soap and water. This will avoid having it absorb in places where it is not intended and can prevent accidentally applying it to others. Wait at least an hour before showering or swimming.
This works best when taken consistently every day. Do not stop taking this when you feel better. Symptoms can return when you stop treatment. Advise your doctor if your condition does not improve or grows worse even with proper use.
Estrogel is absorbed through the skin where it enters the bloodstream. It helps replace the estrogen that is not produced by the body to reduce the symptoms of menopause. It may also be prescribed to prevent heart disease.
This is not a complete list of potential side effects of Estrogel. You may experience side effects that are not listed here. Report side effects to your doctor or pharmacist. If you find them unmanageable, call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
By prescribing Estrogel, your doctor has determined that the benefits outweigh the potential adverse reactions. We also have a pharmacist that can provide counselling when you buy Estrogel online.
- difficulty with swallowing
- sore throat
- acid or sour stomach
- sores, ulcers, or white spots in the mouth or on the lips
- increased in sexual ability, desire, drive, or performance
- stomach discomfort, upset, or pain
- pain or feeling of pressure in the pelvis
- pain or discomfort in the arms, jaw, back, or neck
- difficulty with breathing
- darkening of the urine
- unusually heavy or unexpected menstrual bleeding
- trouble thinking and planning
- loss of appetite
- increased interest in sexual intercourse
- blurred vision
- dizziness or lightheadedness
- difficulty with moving
- swelling of the abdominal or stomach area
- increased hair growth, especially on the face
- joint or muscle pain
- sudden shortness of breath or troubled breathing
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- Abdominal or stomach cramps or pain
- muscle aches
- changes in skin color
- fast heartbeat
- rash, hives, or itching
- mood disturbances
- clay-colored stools
- pain in the ankles or knees
- painful, red lumps under the skin, mostly on the legs
- thick, white vaginal discharge with no odor or with a mild odor
- twitching, uncontrolled movements of the tongue, lips, face, arms, or legs
- fluid retention
- nausea and vomiting
Always read and understand the drug information guide provided with the product before you begin taking treatment. When you buy Estrogel online from Your Canada Drug Store, we always send the products in the manufacturer’s packaging.
If others come in contact with this drug, have them wash the area they touch it with soap and water as soon as possible. You should apply this product yourself to avoid exposing it to others.
This medication is flammable. Wait an hour before smoking or going close to an open flame or bonfire.
Advise your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- unusual vaginal bleeding
- high blood pressure
- mineral imbalance (low or high level of calcium in the blood)
- high cholesterol/triglyceride levels
- blood clots
- liver disease
- a certain blood disorder (porphyria)
- underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism)
- heart disease
- family medical history of breast lumps, cancer, blood clots or angioedema
- mental/mood disorders (such as dementia, depression)
- blood clotting disorders (such as protein C or protein S deficiency)
- gallbladder disease
- kidney disease
- a certain hormone problem (hypoparathyroidism)
- uterus problems (such as fibroids, endometriosis)
- migraine headaches
- breast cancer, cancer of the uterus/ovaries
This medication may worsen these medical conditions or they may affect how this product works. This is not recommended for pediatric use. Store this medication away from children and ensure that they are not exposed to it after treatment. This may cause unexpected signs of puberty in children. Advise your doctor if this happens.
Advise your doctor if you plan to become pregnant or are currently pregnant. It is not safe for use in pregnant women. It may also decrease the quality and quantity of breast milk.
Estrogel can lead to an increased risk of dementia in women 65 years of age or older.
The following drugs are known to interact with Estrogel. This is not an exhaustive list of all possible drug interactions. It is important to disclose all your current vitamins, supplements, OTC drugs, herbal products and anything including prescription medicines. You should also advise your doctor or dentist before surgery.
Your doctor needs this information to prevent allergic reactions or adverse effects. They may have to determine if the interaction is worth the benefit of using both drugs.
- Mycophenolic Acid
- Eslicarbazepine Acetate
There is currently no generic equivalent product for this medication.
Check here for discounts when buying Estrogel online.
DISCLAIMER: The information provided here is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to replace the medical advice provided by a certified medical professional. You require your doctor's approval prior to buying or using prescription drugs sold here. We do have a pharmacist on staff if your doctor is unavailable to provide medical advice when you buy Estrogel online. Do not use the information here to ignore or contradict advice provided by a licensed medical professional. Always seek medical advice if you have any questions or concerns about this medication.