What Strength (Dosage) are you looking for?
DISCLAIMER: The following is presented for educational purposes and is aimed at consumers of Diamicron MR. This is not intended to be used as a replacement for medical advice from a doctor. You should always consult your doctor if you have any questions regarding your medications, medical treatment, or medical condition. Do not delay in seeking professional advice or ignore what your doctor has told you because of the information provided here. Your doctor always has the best idea of your situation and can give you the best personalized advice.
Diamicron MR (gliclazide), is an oral antihyperglycemic agent that is prescribed to treat Type 2 Diabetes. Diamicron MR is usually prescribed when diabetes cannot be controlled solely with proper diet, exercise, and weight management and when insulin treatment is not necessary.
Diamicron MR works by helping the pancreas to create more insulin and release it into the system, helping to control Type 2 Diabetes.
Your Canada Drug Store sells Diamicron MR from Canada. We aim to give our customers the lowest price available for Diamicron MR. You can buy Diamicron MR online through our licensed pharmacy partners world-wide. We want to help you save on essential medications like Diamicron MR. Your Canada Drug Store is the most trustworthy source to get your medications at the lowest available cost. You can get Diamicron MR as well as any other essential medications from Your Canada Drug Store – the most trustworthy source for low-priced medications.
Here are some reasons for you to purchase from us:
- We are verified by Pharmacy Checker and CIPA (the Canadian International Pharmacy Association).
- We have a 5 star commitment to customer satisfaction. This means that you have access to the widest and best selection of brand and generic medicines.
- Our friendly and knowledgeable Customer Care Team is available for extended business hours. We are always happy to aid you with any of your prescription needs.
- We offer our patients peace of mind. You can trust you will get safe, reliable medicine from our certified pharmacy partners worldwide.
Our commitment to the customer experience doesn’t stop after you’ve ordered. We guarantee you are paying the lowest price for Diamicron with our No-Risk guarantee! If for any reason you’re unhappy with your Diamicron, you can use our return policy to get your money back.
Diamicron is typically used once daily. However your doctor or pharmacist may suggest a different schedule that is more appropriate for your needs. Follow the instructions on your prescription label. Do not use this product more or less often than prescribed.
In order to get the best benefits from Diamicron, you have to use it regularly and on a continuous schedule. Do not let your supply run out. This medication should never be crushed or chewed.
If you forget a dose take it when you remember. If it is nearly time for your next dose skip the missed dose, never double up on doses to catch up. People who use Diamicron MR, should know the warning signs of low blood sugar as these symptoms require immediate treatment.
These symptoms include:
- Rapid breathing
- Cold sweats
They can be dealt with using a quick source of sugar including candy, glucose tablets, non-diet soft drinks, jam, or honey. It is best if you can take Diamicron with a meal.
Drug interactions can affect how your medications work or increase the risk of negative side effects. Some drug interactions can be managed, your doctor will take the necessary precautions to allow you to use medications that might interact safely. In other cases, drugs that interact should never be used together. Talk to your doctor about drug interactions before starting any new medications.
The following medications may interact with Diamicron:
- other medicines used to treat high blood sugar (oral antidiabetics, GLP-1 receptor inhibitors or insulin),
- antibiotics (sulfonamides, clarithromycin),
- medicines to treat high blood pressure or heart failure (beta blockers, ACE-inhibitors such as captopril, or enalapril),
- medicines to treat fungal infections (miconazole, fluconazole),
- medicines to treat ulcers in the stomach or duodenum (H2 receptor antagonists),
- medicines to treat depression (monoamine oxidase inhibitors),
- painkiller or antirheumatics (phenylbutazone, ibuprofen),
- medicines containing alcohol.
- medicines to treat disorders of the central nervous system (chlorpromazine),
- medicines reducing inflammation (corticosteroids),
- medicines to treat asthma or used during labour (intravenous salbutamol, ritodrine and terbutaline), medicines to treat breast disorders, heavy menstrual bleeding and endometriosis (danazol),
- St John’s Wort -Hypericum perforatum- preparations.
This is not an exhaustive list of medications that interact with Diamicron. Always give your doctor a list of prescription, non-prescription, and herbal products you are taking so that they can properly monitor for drug interactions.
Along with the intended effects of a medication, you may experience unwanted side effects. Side effects range from mild to severe and from permanent to temporary. Not everyone experiences side effects and the majority of side effects experienced when starting a new medication are temporary and while your doctor can help you avoid them or lessen their effects, they will usually go away as your body adjusts.
If left untreated, side effects (especially severe ones) can cause serious medical complications. If any side effects persist over time ensure you talk to your doctor. Talk to your doctor before starting Diamicron about side effects and what to do if you encounter them.
It has been reported that there is the potential for decrease in the number of cells in the blood. This can result in:
- prolonged bleeding,
- sore throat,
These symptoms will usually disappear when treatment with Diamicron MR is discontinued.
There have been reports of abnormal liver function though those are isolated. This can cause yellowing of the skin and eyes. If this happens, see your doctor immediately. These symptoms will generally disappear when treatment is stopped. Your doctor will decide what to do in regards to your treatment.
There have been skin reactions reported such as:
- Angioedema (rapid swelling of tissues such as face, lips, eyelids, tongue, throat, or mouth that may result in difficulty breathing). The rash can progress to widespread peeling or blistering of the skin.
- In rare cases, signs of severe hypersensitivity reactions (DRESS) have been documented. Initially it appears as flu-like symptoms and a facial rash, then an extended rash with high temperature.
- Stomach discomfort or pain
- Feeling or being sick
These digestive effects decrease when you take Diamicron with a meal as recommended.
For a short time at the start of treatment, your vision may be affected. This happens because of changes in blood sugar levels.
As with other medications in this class, the following adverse side effects have been observed:
- Allergic inflammation of the walls of blood vessels
- Sever changes in the number of blood cells
- Reduction in blood sodium
This is not a complete list of side effects. Ensure that you consult your doctor regarding any negative effects you notice after starting Diamicron MR.
AZITHROMYCIN – ORAL