What is Cardizem CD (Diltiazem CD) used for?
Cardizem CD is a calcium channel blocker which means that it blocks the influx of calcium ions in the heart and vascular system which works by relaxing these muscles. Diltiazem reduces the pressure in the blood vessels so blood can flow more easily. It also reduces the workload of the heart by lowering heart rate. This can prevent heart attack, heart disease and stroke. Diltiazem is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) and chronic angina. Diltiazem can reduce the frequency and severity of angina attacks.
Cardizem CD Information
How to use Cardizem CD (Diltiazem CD)?
Always read and understand the patient information guide provided with the product before you begin taking Diltiazem. When you buy Diltiazem online from Your Canada Drug Store, we always send the products in the manufacturer’s packaging.
Diltiazem CD is an extended release tablet (long acting) that is taken once daily. The capsule should be swallowed whole. Do not crush or chew the capsules. This will damage the formulation of the capsule and cause too much of the medicine to be released at once into your body.
Diltiazem oral tablets can be taken with or without food. Take it exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Your dosage is based on the type and severity of your condition. Take diltiazem everyday at the same time each day for the best response.
Your dose is based on your condition and medical history. Do not take this more often than recommended as it will not provide any benefit and may lead to an increased risk of side effects.
Your kidneys may be monitored regularly during treatment as this medication may lead to kidney disease. Store at room temperature. Do not take this more often than recommended to avoid an adverse effect. Inform your doctor or pharmacist healthcare professionals if you do not notice an improvement.
What are the drug interactions with Cardizem CD (Diltiazem CD)?
The following drugs are known to interact with Diltiazem. This is not an exhaustive list of all possible drug interactions. It is important to disclose all your current medications, (including prescription medications and herbal products) with your doctor to prevent allergic reactions or adverse interactions. They may have to determine if the interaction is worth the benefit of using both drugs or if your therapeutic plan needs to be changed.
- St John's Wort
What are the side effects of Cardizem CD (Diltiazem CD)?
Diltiazem has known side effects. This is not a complete list and includes frequently reported adverse events. If you experience any signs and symptoms of serious side effects when taking this, talk to your doctor or seek emergency care.
Report side effects to your doctor. If you find them unmanageable call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. We also have a pharmacist that can provide counselling when you buy Diltiazem online.
- red skin lesions, often with a purple center
- difficult or labored breathing
- slow or irregular heartbeat
- lack or loss of strength
- flushing or redness of the skin, especially on the face and neck
- dryness or soreness of the throat
- muscle pains or stiffness
- feeling of warmth or heat
- joint pain
- stomach discomfort, upset, or pain
- general feeling of discomfort or illness
- Body aches or pain
- Hair loss or thinning of the hair
- feeling faint, dizzy, or lightheaded
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- sores, ulcers, or white spots in the mouth or on the lips
- hearing loss
- red, irritated eyes
- continuing ringing or buzzing or other unexplained noise in the ears
- swollen joints
- difficulty with moving
- swelling of the hands, ankles, feet, or lower legs
- runny nose
- large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or sex organs
- degenerative disease of the joint
- stuffy nose
- tightness in the chest
- Acid or sour stomach
- trouble swallowing
- muscle aching or cramping
- voice changes
- no heartbeat
- tender or swollen glands in the neck
- muscle aches and pains
- Blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin
- trouble sleeping
- pain or tenderness around the eyes and cheekbones
- loss of appetite
- Chest pain or discomfort
Cardizem CD coupons
Current discounts and promotions when you buy Cardizem CD online can be found here.