What is Beclomethasone used for?
Beclomethasone nasal spray is prescribed for relief of the symptoms caused by allergies including hay fever, or vasomotor rhinitis. These symptoms include runny, sneezing, itchy, or stuffy nose. It can also be prescribed to prevent nasal polyps after surgery to remove the nasal polyps.
Beclomethasone nasal spray should not be used for symptoms caused by the common cold. Beclomethasone is a corticosteroid, it works by blocking the release of natural substances that cause allergy symptoms.
Frequently Asked Questions About Beclomethasone
Beclomethasone comes as a liquid suspension to spray in the nose. It’s usually sprayed twice a day in each nostril. Carefully follow the directions on your prescription label and use Beclomethasone exactly as directed.
Beclomethasone nasal spray is only to be used in the nose. Do not spray it into your mouth or eyes and do not swallow the nasal spray.
Only one person should use a bottle of beclomethasone, never share bottles. This can cause the spread of germs.
Beclomethasone controls the symptoms of allergies or hay fever but it is not a cure for these conditions. Your symptoms might begin to improve a few days after your first start using beclomethasone, though it usually takes 1-2 weeks to feel the full benefits. Beclomethasone works the best when it’s used on a consistent basis.
If your allergy symptoms do not improve after 3 weeks, tell your doctor. If you use beclomethasone to prevent the recurrence of nasal polyps you might have to continue treatment for several weeks.
Beclomethasone nasal spray provides a certain number of sprays. After the marked number of sprays are used up, the remaining sprays may not contain the correct amount of medication per spray. Keep track of the number of sprays used and throw the bottle away after you’ve used the indicated number of sprays even if it still contains some liquid.
The steps for taking Beclomethasone are as follows:
- Gently shake the bottle before using.
- Remove the dust cover
- Prime the pump following the instructions in the patient leaflet if this is your first time using it or you haven’t used it for a week.
- Blow your nose gently to clear nostrils.
- Hold one nostril closed with your finger, tilt your head slightly forward and put the nasal applicator into your other nostril keeping the bottle upright.
- Breathe in through your nose, while you’re breathing in, use your forefinger and middle finger to press down on the applicator and spray the medication.
- Inhale gently through the nostril and breathe out through your mouth. If you’re instructed to do two sprays in each nostril repeat these steps.
- Repeat these steps in the other nostril.
- Wipe the applicator with a clean tissue and cover it with the dust cover.
Drug interactions can affect how your medications work. It can also increase the risk of experiencing negative side effects. Some drug interactions must be avoided all together, but others can be avoided by your doctor adjusting the other doses of your medications.
The following medications may interact with Beclomethasone:
Sometimes the presence of other medical conditions can cause an interaction with a medication. Interactions can change how your medications work and increase your risk of experiencing negative side effects.
The following conditions may interact with Beclomethasone:
- Asthma attack, acute (e.g., status asthmaticus)
- Cirrhosis (liver disease)
- Hypothyroidism (decreased production of thyroid hormone)
- Infections, untreated (bacteria, fungal, or viral)
- Osteoporosis (bone disease)
- Tuberculosis, history of
This is not a complete list of interactions with Beclomethasone. Give your doctor a list of all the medications you take including prescription and non-prescription drugs, and herbal products you may be taking. This will help your doctor avoid drug interactions. If you have any other questions about drug interactions, you can reach out to us at 1-844-416-4282 and ask to speak to a pharmacist for counselling.
Your Canada Drug Store offers the lowest Beclomethasone price from Canada. We offer the lowest available Beclomethasone price to our customers. This is because our main goal is providing safe, effective, and affordable medication. We are able to source our medications from multiple pharmacy partners world-wide so that we can get you the lowest Beclomethasone price. Your Canada Drug Store is the safest choice to get the lowest Beclomethasone price currently available. You can get a low Beclamethasone price as well as any other medications you may take from Your Canada Drug Store.
Here are some reasons for you to purchase from us:
- We are verified by Pharmacy Checker and CIPA (the Canadian International Pharmacy Association).
- We have a 5 star commitment to customer satisfaction. This means that you have access to the widest and best selection of brand and generic medicines.
- Our friendly and knowledgeable Customer Care Team is available for extended business hours. We are always happy to aid you with any of your prescription needs.
- We offer our patients peace of mind. You can trust you will get safe, reliable medicine from our certified pharmacy partners worldwide.
Our customer service commitment doesn’t stop after you’ve ordered. We guarantee you always pay the lowest Beclomethasone price with our price match guarantee. If for any reason you’re dissatisfied with your Beclomethasone, you can use our return policy to get your money back.
Alongside the regular effects of Bethomeclasone nasal spray, it can also cause unwanted side effects. You will not experience all of these side effects, though some may require medical attention if they do occur.
Check with your doctor immediately if you experience the following side effects:
- Shortness of breath, troubled breathing, tightness in chest, or wheezing
- Signs of hypersensitivity reactions, such as swelling of face, lips, or eyelids
- Burning or pain while urinating, blood in urine, or frequent urge to urinate
- Chest pain
- Creamy white, curd-like patches in the mouth or throat and/or pain when eating or swallowing
- Dizziness or sense of constant movement or surroundings
- General feeling of discomfort or illness
- Irregular or fast heartbeat
- Itching, rash, or hives
- Sinus problems
- Stomach or abdominal pain
- Swelling of fingers, ankles, feet, or lower legs
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Weight gain
- Bleeding from rectum or bloody stools
- Blurred vision or other changes in vision
- Diarrhea or nausea
- Fainting or feeling faint
- Frequent urination or unusual thirst
- Growth inhibition in children
- High blood pressure
- Increased fat deposits in face, neck, and trunk
- Increased skin pigmentation
- Loss of appetite
- Menstrual changes
- Mood or mental changes
- Pain or burning in chest
You may experience additional side effects that might occur if you take Beclomethasone for a long time. If any of the following side effects occur, check with your doctor:
- Pain in the back, ribs, arms, or legs (osteoporosis)
You may experience side effects that will subside as your body adjusts to the medication. These are usually minor and do not require medical attention.
If the following side effects persist or are bothersome check in with your doctor:
- Cold-like symptoms
- Dry mouth or throat
- Sore throat, hoarseness or voice change
Less common or rare
- Trouble in sleeping
Other side effects that aren’t listed can occur in some individuals. If you notice any other side effects, you should check in with your health care professional.
DISCLAIMER: The following information is a summary and is meant to provide information to those looking into the Beclomethasone price. This is not intended to be used as a substitute for individualized medical advice. Always ask your doctor if you have any questions about your personal medical condition or medications you’re taking. Do not delay seeking professional medical advice because of the information presented here.