What is Avandia used for?
Avandia (rosiglitazone) is used primarily to regulate glucose and sugar levels in the blood. Rosiglitazone is an anti-diabetic drug and helps to make the body more sensitive to insulin. It does this by binding to the PPAR receptors that are present in fat cells and makes the cell respond better to insulin. Avanadia is an oral diabetic medication prescribed for type 2 diabetes. It is not to be used for type 1 diabetes.
Frequently Asked Questions About Avandia
Your Canada Drug Store sells Avandia from Canada! We offer our customers the lowest available Avandia price. You can get Avandia online through our licensed pharmacy partners for a more affordable price than you would find in the US. We are so confident on our low Avandia price that we will price match a lower price if you find it. The other company must also be CIPA certified and the product we are price matching must be exactly the same. Your Canada Drug Store is the most trustworthy source for essential medications such as Avandia at the lowest price.
Here are some reasons for you to purchase from us:
- We are verified by CIPA (the Canadian International Pharmacy Association).
- We have a 5 star commitment to customer satisfaction. This means that you have access to the widest and best selection of brand and generic medicines.
- Our friendly and knowledgeable Customer Care Team is available for extended business hours. We are always happy to aid you with any of your prescription needs.
- We offer our patients peace of mind. You can trust you will get safe, reliable medicine from our certified pharmacy partners worldwide.
Our commitment to a world-class customer experience doesn’t stop once you’ve placed your order. We guarantee you’re paying the lowest Avandia with our price match guarantee. If you’re unhappy with your Avandia for any reason, you can use our return policy to get your money back!
Take Avandia only as instructed by your doctor. Don’t use more or less of it or use it for longer than prescribed. Avandia will come with a Medication Guide, it is important to read this before using Avandia.
Avandia can be taken with or without food. Follow the diet your doctor gave you very closely. This is the most important step to controlling your diabetes and will enable the medication to work correctly. Exercise regularly and test for sugar in your urine or blood as directed.
Drug interactions can be harmful. They may affect how your medication works or increase the risk of encountering negative side effects. Some drug interactions have to be avoided at all costs while others can be mitigated by changing the doses of your medications. If you have questions, talk with your doctor.
The following medications can interact with Avandia:
- Lasix (furosemide)
- Factive (gemifloxacin)
- Parnate (tranylcypromine)
- Tegretol (carbamazepine)
- Lipidil (fenofibrate)
The above however is not an exclusive list and there are other drugs including minerals, vitamins and herbal products, which should not be used simultaneously and concurrently with Avandia. Hence, it is extremely important that you inform your doctor about any and all medications that you happen to be using at the time of taking Avandia.
Along with the needed effects of a medication, it may also cause unwanted side effects. Though you will not experience all of these side effects, if you do, some may require medical attention. Talk to your doctor in advance of starting Avandia to learn what to do in case of severe side effects.
Talk to your doctor immediately if you encounter:
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- Blurred vision
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Decrease in the amount of urine
- Dry mouth
- Flushed, dry skin
- Fruit-like breath odor
- Increased hunger
- Increased thirst
- Increased urination
- Irregular heartbeat
- Noisy, rattling breathing
- Pain in the arms, neck, shoulders, or jaw
- Pale skin
- Rapid or unusual weight gain
- Swelling of the hands, lower legs, feet, hands, or fingers
- Trouble breathing
- Unexplained weight loss
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Cold sweats
- Dark urine
- Fast heartbeat
- Loss of appetite
- Slurred speech
Incidence not known
- Blue lips and fingernails
- Changes in vision
- Coughing that sometimes produces a pink frothy sputum
- Hive-like swelling on the lips, eyelids, sex organs, legs, face, feet, throat, or hands
- Itching or skin rash
- Light-colored stools
- Redness of the skin
- Yellow eyes or skin
You may also encounter some side effects that do not need medical attention. These Avandia side effects usually go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medication. Your doctor may also have ways for you to reduce these side effects. Check in with your doctor if the following effects are bothersome or persist:
- Ear congestion
- General feeling of discomfort or illness
- Hoarseness or other voice changes
- Joint pain
- Muscle aches and pains
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Sore throat
- Trouble sleeping
- Back pain
- Pain or tenderness around the eyes and cheekbones
You may experience side effects of Avandia that are not listed here. If you do notice other effects, call your doctor immediately.
DISCLAIMER: The following information is aimed at consumers of Avandia and is for educational purposes only. This is not intended to be used as substitute for your doctor’s advice. You should always talk to your doctor if you have any questions regarding your medical treatment or condition. Do not delay seeing your doctor or ignore their advice because of the information provided here.