What Strength (Dosage) are you looking for?
DISCLAIMER: The following information is provided as an educational aid for those looking into Amitiza gelcaps. This is not intended to be used as a replacement for advice from a medical professional. Always seek the advice of a healthcare professional for your medical condition or treatment. Do not ignore or delay seeking professional medical advice because of the information provided here.
Amitiza (lubiprostone) increases the secretion of fluids into the intestines to make it easier to have bowel movements. Amitiza is prescribed to treat chronic constipation, or constipation caused by opioid pain medication. Amitiza can also be used to treat irritable bowel syndrome in women who have constipation as their main symptom.
Your Canada Drug Store sells Amitiza gelcaps online. We offer our customers the lowest price available for Amitiza gelcaps. You can buy Amitiza gelcaps online from our licensed pharmacy partners all over the world. We can help to save you money on essential medications such as Amitiza gelcaps. Your Canada Drug Store is the most trustworthy source to buy your essential medications through. You can get Amitiza gelcaps as well as any other prescription or over-the-counter medications from Your Canada Drug Store – the most trustworthy source for affordable medications.
Here are some reasons for you to purchase from us:
- We are verified by Pharmacy Checker and CIPA (the Canadian International Pharmacy Association).
- We have a 5 star commitment to customer satisfaction. This means that you have access to the widest and best selection of brand and generic medicines.
- Our friendly and knowledgeable Customer Care Team is available for extended business hours. We are always happy to aid you with any of your prescription needs.
- We offer our patients peace of mind. You can trust you will get safe, reliable medicine from our certified pharmacy partners worldwide.
Our commitment to providing a good customer experience doesn’t stop once you’ve ordered Amitiza gelcaps. We guarantee you are paying the lowest price for medications with our price match guarantee! If you’re unhappy with your Amitiza gelcaps for any reason, you can use our return policy to get your money back.
Take Amitiza exactly as your doctor instructs you. Do not take more or less of it or take it more often or for longer than your doctor ordered. If you do, you can increase the risk of negative side effects.
Swallow the gelcap whole, do not chew, break, or crush it. Amitiza works best when taken with food and water. Drink at least 6-8 glasses of liquid each day. The glasses should be 8oz each. This will help soften your stool.
Usually Amitiza is taken twice per day. Follow the directions on your prescription label and ensure you read and follow the medication guide. In order to prevent nausea take Amitiza with food and water.
Within 1 hour of taking Amitiza you might feel tightness in your chest or shortness of breath. This side effect should go away within 3 hours but might happen again when you take your next dose. If this side effect becomes bothersome call your doctor.
You may have tightness in your chest or feel short of breath within 1 hour after taking Amitiza. This side effect should go away within 3 hours, but it may occur again when you take your next dose. Talk with your doctor if this side effect becomes bothersome.
Along with the normal effects of Amitiza, it can also cause unwanted side effects. Though not all of these side effects may occur, they may need medical attention if encountered.
If the following side effects occur, check in with your doctor immediately:
- Full or bloated feeling or pressure in the stomach
- Stomach pain
- Swelling of abdominal or stomach area
- Abdominal or stomach discomfort
- Black, tarry stools
- Blood in the stools
- Chest discomfort or pain
- Cold or flu-like symptoms
- Difficult or labored breathing
- General feeling of discomfort or illness
- Increased sweating
- Joint pain
- Loss of appetite
- Loss of bowel control
- Muscle aches and pains
- Runny nose
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Tightness in the chest
- Trouble sleeping
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
Incidence not known
- Abdominal or stomach tenderness
- Difficulty with swallowing
- Fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse
- Puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- Skin rash
If any of the following symptoms of Amitiza overdose occur get emergency medical help:
Symptoms of overdose
- Dry heaves
- Dry mouth
- Feeling of warmth
- Lack or loss of strength
- Paleness of the skin
- Redness of the face, neck, arms, and occasionally, upper chest
- Severe, unusual tiredness or weakness
- Weight loss
You may experience side effects of Amitiza that don’t need medical attention. These side effects will usually go away as your body adjusts to the medication during treatment. Your health care provider may also be able to tell you some ways to reduce these Amitiza side effects. If the following side effects become bothersome, talk to your healthcare provider:
- Excess air or gas in the stomach or intestines
- Passing gas
- Acid or sour stomach
- Bladder pain
- Bloody or cloudy urine
- Change in taste
- Cold sweats
- Difficult, burning, or painful urination
- Difficulty with moving
- Fear or nervousness
- Feeling sad or empty
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Increased weight
- Loss of interest or pleasure
- Loss of taste
- Lower back or side pain
- Muscle cramps
- Muscle stiffness
- Sore throat
- Stomach upset
- Swollen joints
- Tingling of the hands or feet
- Unusual drowsiness, dullness, tiredness, or feeling of sluggishness
You may experience side effects of Amitiza not listed here. If you do, contact your doctor right away. If you have questions about side effects you can call us at 1-844-416-4282 and ask to be transferred to a pharmacist for counselling.
LUBIPROSTONE – ORAL