What Strength (Dosage) are you looking for?
DISCLAIMER: The following information is provided for those who are looking to buy Abilify Maintena. This is not medical advice and should not replace going to your doctor for advice on your condition or treatment. Always seek out the advice of a licensed physician for any medical needs. Do not delay in seeking or ignore medical advice because of this information.
Abilify Maintena (aripiprazole) is an antipsychotic medication that changes the way the chemicals in the brain work. It can be prescribe alone or in combination with other methods of aripiprazole for the treatment of schizophrenia as well as long-term treatment of people with bipolar I disorder. Abilify is classified as an antipsychotic and works by changing the activity of natural substances in the brain.
Abilify injection from us comes as a powder that is mixed with water and gets injected into a muscle by your health care provider.
Abilify Maintena is given once every 4 weeks. If you have never taken aripiprazole tablets before, you will be prescribed the oral tablets for up to 2 weeks before your first injection. You will also need to take either Abilify tablets or another antipsychotic medication for the first two weeks after you receive your first Abilify Maintena injection.
Abilify injections can help control your symptoms but do not cure your condition. Continue keeping your doctors appointments to receive the Abilify injection even if you feel better. If you don’t feel that your symptoms are improving with Abilify treatment, talk to your doctor.
Drug interactions may affect how your medications work or can cause an increase in side effects. Sometimes drugs that interact should never be taken together. However, sometimes drug interactions can be avoided by changing the doses of your medications or switching to different drugs.
The following medications interact with Abilify:
Sometimes using this medication with food or beverages is not recommended and can cause interactions. The following food may interact with Abilify:
Other medical problems
The presence of other medical conditions may affect Abilify. Make sure your doctor knows about your entire medical history.
The following conditions can affect your use of Abilify:
- Blood vessel disease
- Heart attack or stroke
- Heart disease
- Heart failure
- Heart rhythm problems
- Hypotension (low blood pressure)
- Hypovolemia (decrease in the volume of blood)
- Ischemic heart disease
- Trouble with swallowing
- Dyslipidemia (high cholesterol or fats in the blood)
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrom (NMS)
- Neutropenia (low white blood cells)
- Reduced white blood cell count
This is not an exhaustive list of interaction with Abilify. Make sure your doctor knows you and your family’s medical history as well as all of the medications you take. Give your doctor a list of the products you are taking including prescription and non-prescription drugs, herbal products, and vitamins. If you have any questions about drug interactions, ask your doctor or call us at 1-844-416-4282 to ask for a pharmacist for counselling.
Along with the needed effects of Abilify, it can also cause unwanted side effects. You will not experience all of these side effects, but some that may occur need medical attention and are very serious.
If any of the following occurs, talk to your doctor immediately.
- Difficulty with speaking
- Loss of balance control
- Muscle trembling, jerking, or stiffness
- Shuffling walk
- Stiffness of the limbs
- Twisting movements of the body
- Uncontrolled movements, especially of the face, neck, and back
- Blurred vision
- Fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse
- Inability to move the eyes
- Increased blinking or spasms of the eyelid
- Pounding in the ears
- Sticking out the tongue
- Trouble breathing or swallowing
- Unusual facial expressions
- Fast heartbeat
- High fever
- Increased sweating
- Lip smacking or puckering
- Loss of bladder control
- Muscle spasm or jerking of all extremities
- Puffing of the cheeks
- Rapid or worm-like movements of the tongue
- Severe muscle stiffness
- Sudden loss of consciousness
- Uncontrolled chewing movements
- Uncontrolled movements of the arms and legs
- Unusually pale skin
Incidence not known
- Hives or welts, itching, or skin rash
- Itching, puffiness, or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- Large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or sex organs
- Redness of the skin
- Tightness in the chest
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
Some Abilify side effects can occur that don’t require medical attention. These are minor side effects that will likely go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medication. Your health care professional may also be able to help you avoid or lessen the effects of these side effects.
The following Abilify side effects are minor:
- Acid or sour stomach
- Difficulty having a bowel movement (stool)
- Dry mouth
- Inability to sit still
- Need to keep moving
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Stomach discomfort, upset, or pain
- Trouble sleeping
- Weight gain
- Accidental injury
- Bloating or swelling of the face, arms, hands, lower legs, or feet
- Body aches or pain
- Difficulty with moving
- Increased appetite
- Joint pain
- Muscle aching or cramping
- Muscle pains or stiffness
- Stuffy nose
- Swollen joints
- Tender, swollen glands in the neck
- Tingling of the hands or feet
- Unusual weight gain or loss
- Voice changes
If you experience side effects not listed here, you can reach out to your doctor for advice. You can also reach out to us at 1-844-416-4282 and ask to get transferred to a pharmacist for counselling.
ARIPIPRAZOLE – ORAL